Ch:1 Pt:32 The Little Girl

The next day, I started my work studies at Nighteye's agency.  He told us to be on the look out for the leader of the Yakuza, Kai Chisaki, and to alert him if he is spotted.  And so, me and Mirio were told to go out on patrol, which we did.  While we were walking, we decided to start up a little conversation about our hero names and why we want to be heroes.

"My hero name is Lemillion, which is why I have the number 1,000,000 on my suit, because thats how many people I want to save!"  Mirio said.

"Wow, that's actually very heroic of you man.  You know, I think that you may become the next symbol of peace if you keep that dream up."  Izuku said.

"You really think so?  I think if anyone would be capable of being the next symbol, it would be you."  Mirio said.

"Why say that?"  Izuku asked.

"Well, your the One Punch Man.  Ever since we stepped foot outside, I could hear the citizens talking about you."  Mirio said.

"I think we both know that strength and fame isn't what makes a symbol of peace, it's saving people for the sake of saving people, with a smile on your face that tells people "Your safe now, because I am here!"  Izuku said.

Mirio became somewhat inspired at what Izuku had said.  He thought to himself 'Maybe I could be the next symbol.'  But, he wondered about Izuku, and what his goal is.

"Hey Midoriya, you didn't tell me your hero name or the reason you wanted to be a hero yet."  Mirio said.

"Oh yeah.  Well, as you said earlier, my hero name is One Punch Man.  I liked the name, so I decided to keep it.  As for my reasoning, I usually tell people that I do it for fun.  But . . ."  Izuku said.

"But?"  Mirio asked.

"I want to be a hero that saves people with a smile on his face who isn't in it for the money or fame."  Izuku said.

"Now, that's a symbol of peace level reason right there."  Mirio said.

Before Izuku could reply, he found himself being ran into by something that came from the alley.  When he looked down to see, he saw that it was a little girl who looked to be around 6 years old.

"Oh, hey there little one.  Are you all right?"  Izuku asked.

After asking that question, another figure came out from the shadows of the alley.

"Eri, what did I say about running off?"  The voice said.

'Chisaki.'  They both said in their minds.

"Sorry about about my daughter.  She tends to want to run off sometimes, you know how kids are."  Chisaki said.

"Yeah, that is a pretty common thing to see in kids."  Mirio said with a fake chuckle.

"Yeah, go on back to your father."  Izuku said to Eri.

"help me."  Eri whispered in fear.

Izuku noticed that there was something clearly wrong, and Mirio picked up on that as well, but decided to play along as not to raise suspicion.

"So, why is your daughter wearing these bandages?"  Izuju asked as he picked up Eri.

As they spoke, the three began to walk back into the alley.

"I hardly see why that has anything to do with you, but if you must know, my daughter is probably the most clumsy child there is.  She constantly falls and bumps into things, and it's gotten to the point where I was advised to put bandages on her."  Chisaki said.