Ch:1 Pt:40 The Calm Before the Storm

"Hey guys."  Shosuke said as he walked downstairs after just waking up.

The people who were in the room at the time were, Izuku, Iida, Uraraka, Kaminari, Jiro, Momo and Shotara.  When they looked over to him, they tried to stop themselves from laughing, and Jiro and Kaminari were doing a terrible job.  His white long hair was all over the place, he had bags under his eyes, he was in shorts, he was wearing odd socks, and he was wearing a black short sleeved shirt that had the words "Plus Ultra!"  on them, and a bandage over his eye, forehead and his neck to cover the scars he got a few months ago.  He also had a few other stitches, scars and other things on his body to show his history of issues he's gotten himself into.

"H-Hey Katake, you sleep well?"  Kirishima asked.

"Not really."  Shosuke said as he gave them a tired smile as he sat down.

"Is everything alright?"  Momo asked.

"Yeah, everything's cool.  I just have trouble sleeping this time of year."  Shosuke said.

"What do you mean "This time of year"?  What happens around this time?"  Uraraka asked.

"Nothing happens.  That's the point.  I have no idea why but I just do."  Shosuke said as he began to nod off.

"Well, we have the day off, how about you go back to bed for a bit."  Izuku said.

"Nah, I need to go to the shops today.  My sisters birth day is on the same day of the festival, and I want to pick out a few special things for her."  Shosuke said as he got up to go get dressed.

"Oh, what age is she this year?"  Momo asked.

"She's 7 this year.  Time sure does go by fast."  Shosuke said.

"Hey I've got a good idea.  How about we arrange for Hinata and Eri to meet some time?"  Izuku suggested.

"E-Eh, yeah.  I see no problem with that."  Shosuke said.

"Well, good luck finding a good gift for her."  Shotara said with a thumbs up.

"Thanks."  Shosuke said returning a thumbs up and a smile as he began to leave.

"If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask."  Iida said.

"I will."  Shosuke said.

"Why does he wear those bandages on his neck and face?"  Jiro asked.

"Oh, he was captured a few months before we came to U.A.  They tortured him both physically and mentally, and left him out in the forest to die.  When we found him, he was lying on the ground covered in snow, with a broken arm, broken leg, a few fractured bones and a lot of scars.  What scared me the most is the he wanted to go back to school as soon as possible."  Izuku said.

"Woah.  I wish I had that passion for school."  Kaminari said.

"Well, that smile and attitude is what makes him such a great guy.  I see why you hang out with him a lot Midoriya."  Iida said.

"Yeah, he's a good guy."  Izuku said.

Before we knew it, the day was getting even closer.  Me and Shosuke had memorized and mastered the song we wanted to play.  It was just a matter of choosing a name.  But we'll get to that another time, for a while, I've been wanting to work on a new move that I saw Izumi use with One For All.  Something to do with flicking a finger.  So since we have a few days off, what better to do in spare time than practice?

Izuku was behind the dorm area, and was practicing his air flicking.  He got the actual move down easily, it was just a matter of learning to aim correctly.  Which is something that he was having a bad time doing.  His usual move set is kicking and punching, so this was going to be almost impossible for him to master by himself.  So he decided to go to a certain person that might be able to help him.