30

"What time are we supposed to set off the fireworks? 9?" Tanaka asked Noya who was already unboxing the fireworks.

"8 I think?....8 something! Just 8 o clock" Noya said dismissively.

_____________________

The couple rode roller coasters, the bumper carts, and even the carrousels. Tooru won him many stuffed toys from the game booths. Of course he wouldn't miss a chance to show off for his Tobio and win him something nice.

Tobio tried to play a game to win Tooru something too. He thought the easiest game would be the baseball bottle stack game where the player attempts to knock down the milk bottles using a baseball. It looked easy enough, so Tobio paid one thousand yen for a game.

Tobio threw the ball, it hit one bottle, but instead of collapsing the stacks remained still. And the ball rebounded and hit Tobio in the eye.

"Tobio!" Tooru fretted over his boyfriend, who felt dizzy and was rubbing his sore eye.  When Tooru removed Tobio's hand, he saw his crow had a black eye.

"Pfft-" Tooru glared at the guy in charged who was laughing at his Tobio.

"Try again, why don't ya?" The guy grinned, tossing Tobio another ball.

"Tob-"

Tobio threw the ball, and it hit a bottle at the bottom bottom of the stack, but the ball rebounded again and went flying to Tobio, who managed to duck just in time this time.

"OUCH!" came a yell of pain from behind them. Tooru and Tobio looked at the source of the sound and saw an old man who fell on his butt, rubbing his head.

"Who threw that?!" The old man glared at the gathered crowd who were looking at him with concern.

"He did" Tooru pointed at the baseball guy, who was at the moment holding another baseball that he was about to offer to Tobio. "He hit my boyfriend too!" Tooru pointed at Tobio's black eye.

The angry old man stormed towards the scared baseball guy, and Tooru led Tobio away from there.

They bought an iced juice, and Tobio pressed it against his black eye.

"I feel like Hinata" Tobio muttered. At Tooru's confused look he explained "A dumbass"

"Pfft--Hahahahah!" Tooru threw his head back and laughed loudly. Tobio bit his lip and glared at the ground. "Are you laughing at me Tooru?"

"Hahahah! N-no of course not Tobio-chan!"

Tobio didn't look too convinced. Tooru sighed, and sat down on the bench with Tobio, placed an arm around his shoulder and pulled him to his chest, then he kissed Tobio's black eye and then his cheek.

Tobio felt heat rise in his cheeks. "Awwe Tobio-chan looks so cute when he's blushing like this!" Tooru pinched both of Tobio's cheeks.

"Fuck off! Quit that!" Tobio raged, trying to pull Tooru's hands off his cheek.

Tooru stuck out his tongue a bit, and leaned close to his face and planted a gentle kiss on his forehead.

Tobio's heart is beating so loudly he feared Tooru would hear it. In fact, he's wondering how Tooru doesn't hear it yet.

"Hmm, the sun's setting, and the moon will rise soon..." Tooru stood up.

"Let's ride the ferris wheel Tobio" he held out his hand for his boyfriend to take.

"Ferris wheel..Oh right, Tanaka and Nishinoya will set off the fireworks at 8!" Tobio took Tooru's offered hand and pulled him with him towards the ferris wheel.

_______________________

"Now?"

"Not yet!"

"What about now!"

"Soon!"

"Now?"

"No! Just a little bit later!"

Tanaka and Nishinoya were behind a large tent, counting the minutes until 8 so they could set off the fireworks for Kageyama's surprise for Oikawa. Nishinoya had lighters and extra matches just in case

And Tanaka was already setting up the fireworks

Fireworks of sizes and shapes were lined up together, the two were pretty excited really.

"Now?" Nishinoya asked.

"Almost!"

(Author: