61

"It's done" Rei stands and ejects the flash drive.

"Then hurry, idiot!" Tooru pushed him to the direction of the others.

Once they were out in the hallway however, they jumped when they heard someone yell "Hey stop! Thieves!" It was the janitor.

Rei, Tooru, Shoyo, Hajime and Kei run to the opposite direction. The five of them jumped out of an open window, caught onto a tree branch, and climb down.

"RUUN!" Shoyo screams sprinting across the school grounds.

The janitor opens up the window and screamed at them to stop.

Shoyo jumped over a hedge. The others followed pursuit. The boys hid inside a bush, the leaves poked at Tooru, annoying him.

"That went well" Hajime commented after several seconds.

"We're gonna be so fucking screwed tomorrow" Kei whispers.

"They might not know it was us?" Shoyo offered. "I mean after all we were wearing these masks and everything"

"Our fingerprints were all over the keyboard" Tooru added. Even in the dark he could see Shoyo's eyes widened. "They'll take our fingerprints?!"

"Technically we were committing breaking and entering" Rei muttered.

"We didn't break anything" Hajime supplied.

"Oh man I don't wanna get expelled... My mom's got enough to worry about" Shoyo anxiously bit his nails.

Tooru bit his lower lip. He wanted to reassure them that everything would he fine... But he knows it's all empty words. He could have fucked up his and their entire future for the tiny flash drive in his pocket.

But as they emerge from the bush and climb over the fence safely

He thought of Tobio.

Everything he's doing is for Tobio, so this'll be worth it. If Tooru can't achieve his dreams then at least Tobio will be able to.

Tobio is worth it.

_____________________

"Tsukishima-kun, Hinata-kun, come see me after class today" their sensei says from his desk in front of the class the two days later.

"Fuck" Tsukishima cursed.

"What did you guys do?" Yamaguchi asked him a few minutes after.

"Something probably illegal" Shoyo awkwardly answered.

Yamaguchi gave him a wild look. "I--what?"

"We're probably getting expelled" Tsukishima muttered.

Shoyo gave him a weak look. "I'm sorry" he apologized, looking scared. The blond just shook his head and placed a hand on the shorter boy's head. "Don't be, I wanted to do it anyway"

"Quiet. You still have forty seven minutes left of class" their sensei scolded, looking tired.

Those forty seven minutes were the most intense minutes of Shoyo's life. They sped by too fast when normally school hours were agonizingly slow.

After the other students file out of the room, Shoyo and Kei begrudgingly walked up to their sensei. Expression guilty.

"I suggest you two come up with a good excuse while we walk to the principal's office"

Shoyo lowered his head meekly and follow. Kei looked like he didn't care at all but his orange haired boyfriend knew that inside he was sweating bullets.

_______________________

When the duo got there, they were surprised to also see Tooru and Hajime standing in front of the principal's desk. The principal of Aoba Johsai stood imposingly behind Karasuno's principal.

"The four of you, sit down"

They pull up chairs and sat.

The principal(of Karasuno) folds his hands together. "Our janitor saw four intruders leave my office. He chased them and they escaped through the window. Yesterday we had the police dust for fingerprints and, we found the keyboard and desk littered with your fingerprints"

Tooru heard Shoyo's breath hitch.

Hajime opened his mouth but Tooru spoke up. "It was all my idea. Everything was"

Everyone turned to look at the brunet. "I needed to get a vootage to prove the innocence of my boyfriend, he's a student here and was unfairly accused of something he didn't commit. He gestured to the rest

" they helped me only because I begged them to. In fact, Tsukishima, Hinata and Iwaizumi kept telling me it was a bad idea, but I didn't listen"

He might be laying it thick but he couldn't ruin everyone's futures. Even if it means sacrificing his own. "I take full responsibility"

He really hoped he sounded humble and sincere enough.

"O-Oikawa-san you don't-" Shoyo began.

"I do" Tooru insisted.

He turned to look at his principal, and Karasuno's principals. "If you're expelling anyone today... Expell me"

"No one's getting expelled"

"What?" Hajime gasped.

"Your excuse is plausible, and it wouldn't be rational for us to expell such promising students"

The four of them looked at one another. "So... Does this mean we're getting away unscathed?" Shoyo dared to ask.

"Not quite" The vice principal interrupts. "Tsukishima Kei, Hinata Shoyo, you have detention for the entire Saturday and Sunday. Which is tomorrow"

Tsukishima groaned but Shoyo nodded understandingly. "Fair enough"

"Oikawa and Iwaizumi, you two will be suspended for a week" Aoba Johsai's principal said.

Tooru clenched his fists but, nodded quietly. "Yes sir"

"You are dismissed. Oikawa, I'll be calling your parents, we will see you the Monday following this one. Everyone out, now"

_______________________

Kageyama received a message from Daichi. It simply read:

Daichi: come 2 da bac of skool. Will sneak u in.
10:09am

Tobio felt confused.

Me: what? U mean right now?
10:16am

Daichi: YES. Now!
10:16am