58

Mei was brimming with joy today.

She received the full sympathy of half the student body, and she embarrassed Tobio and had him suspended!

His life will become hell now.

Finally, he'll know how she felt when he broke her heart and smashed her trust. He'll know how it feels to wake up feeling shitty. Made worse by the fact that despite feeling like crap the world outside was shining and beautiful, in contrast to how she felt inside. Making her resentment grow and grow.

She felt more anger when she remembered how much she supported them. Supported him

She supported him in everything he did! His volleyball games, his dreams, and what the hell did she ever get in return? Absolutely nothing. During their relationship it was only her putting in the effort

He never even bothered going to her tennis matches! And when he did. He either falls asleep or leaves halfway! The son of a bitch.

All she received was heart ache, pain, lies, betrayal, and embarrassment. The nerve of that boy to add salt to her wound for lying to her face about his relationship. Was being with her so unbearable that he felt the need to enter into a fake relationship just to get rid of her?!

Apparently yes.

Well now, he got what he deserved.

And maybe he'll get much much more.

"Mei-chan, please stop crying! Kageyama can't touch you anymore, you won't have to deal with him now" her friend consoled her.

"And if he dares look your way again! We'll beat him up!" A boy promised her with a cocky grin.

"We'll hurt him the same way he hurt you Mei-chan!" Added another

"Guys, what if--and hear me out. What if he tried to force himself in Mei-chan because he was having a sexuality crisis? Like maybe he realized being gay is wrong and God would punish him when he dies? So he thought to straighten himself out by losing himself to Mei-chan?"

Everyone in the group laughed.

Mei meanwhile pretended to burst into tears again, forcing everyone to shut up and focus on calming her down.

"I'm sorry Mei! That was a bad joke--I'm so sorry!"

"You fucking idiot! Why'd you have to bring up her accident?!"

"I still can't believe Kageyama would do something like this"

Everyone turned to the person who said that. "I mean.... He didn't seem like someone who could commit such an act. I always thought he was aloof and hard to approach, but nevertheless kind and comfortable to be around"

"You thought wrong then"

"We all did"

"That perverted bastard's gonna pay "

The more Mei listened to her friends' threats, the harder she bites the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from smiling.

Though, she does feel a sliver of pity for Kageyama. That feeling was squashed by her overwhelming triumph.

"This is my street, I can walk the rest of the way by myself" she said to her group.

"What? N-no Mei-chan! We'll walk with you" one of her close girl friends insisted. But she shook them off "I'll be fine! I promise" she insist with a sweet smile.

Hesitantly, they agreed and watched her walk away, her form getting smaller and smaller.

Mei hums, there was even a bounce in her step. Truly, she was in a good mood. She was happy, she was beaming with giddiness. She felt victorious. But she also felt it was not enough. Suspending Tobio and ruining his image is one thing....