35

Tobio woke up pretty early the next day.

He was up at 5, and by 6:30 he was already walking to school.

Tobio was in high spirits, he had a smile on his face and he was practically skipping. "He likes me" he thought. In his hand was a volleyball, and as he walked he kept tossing it up and down into the air. "He really likes me"

Yesterday's events flashed in his mind. The games, the rides, the ferris wheel, the loom band bracelet, the fireworks, the kisses

"Tooru likes me" he's in a really good mood, his spirits are sky high and there was nothing that could ruin it.

BOINK!

He was hit in the head by a ball, and it was hard enough that he lost balance and he almost fell face first to the hard concrete floor, but luckily he managed to steady himself.

Scowling, he spun around to face whoever threw the ball at him. "Who the fuck threw that?!"

There was Hinata, trembling and hiding behind his boyfriend, who had a shit-eating-amused-smirk. "S-sorry Kageyama! Tsuki and I were just messing around and then suddenly--sorry!" Hinata apologized, bowing 90 degrees.

Tobio glared at the shorter boy, rubbing the back of his head he said "Boke!"

It was too early of a morning to get angry, and he didn't want to spend the beautiful morning yelling at Hinata. So Tobio just picked up Hinata's volleyball and tossed it to him, which Hinata swiftly caught.

He considered throwing his ball at Hinata's face to teach the idiot a lesson, but he just brushed the thought aside and let his anger go.

He shoved his ball in his bag, held both of the straps on his bag and resumed his walking.

Hinata jogged to catch up to him, his boyfriend behind him. "You're really early" he commented.

"Same goes for the two of you" Tobio responded.

Shoyo pouted. "Tsuki was at my door at 5am! Seriously who the hell gets up that early?" He glared at his smirking blonde boyfriend. Then, he remembered the news from last night about his senpais. "Sooo~" he trailed, Tobio didn't spare him a glance.

"Anything interesting happened last night? With your, you know..your monthsary date?"

"I took your advice and took him for a ferris wheel ride" Tobio recounted. "And, I had Tanaka and Nishinoya set up a fireworks display for us"

"Anything else?" Kei didn't try to resist to smirk. "Because you know, something really interesting was shown at the news last night....something about two high schoolers from our school setting a building on fire or something"

Tobio whipped his head to face the two. Oh, right! Tanaka and Nishinoya accidentally burned down a game booth. He hoped they won't be expelled or suspended for what happened.

Seeing the worry on Tobio's face, Shoyo assured him. "Don't worry too much, I'm sure they won't be kicked off the team! Probably, hopefully"

"That's what you're more concerned about? If they get kicked off or not?" Tobio and Kei both thought, looking at the nervously smiling tangerine with disbelief.

"You really need to sort out your priorities" Kei sighed, tugging Shoyo away from Tobio.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Shoyo lightly glared at his boyfriend.

Tobio watched the two's exchanges. Tsukishima and Hinata had walked ahead of him, and Tobio found himself wishing Tooru was right beside him, walking him to school.

He pulled the sleeve of his uniform to reveal the loom band bracelet Tooru made for him, he found himself blushing as he remembered how Tooru made him promise to always wear it.

"Should I text him good morning?" Tobio thought. "That's what real boyfriends do right? Greet each other in the morning?"

Before he could change his mind, he took out his phone from his pocket and started to text Tooru.

He decided to make it short and simple, since he didn't know what else he could say.

Me: Hey
6:40am

Me: good morning
6:40am

There. Slipping his phone in his pocket, he followed Kei and Shoyo to school.

"Tobio-kun!!" He heard a girl scream his name. He looked behind him, and saw Mei running towards him.

"Mei?" He turned to face her properly. The girl stopped infront of him, hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath.

"Good...huff.....mo-morning!...huff " she panted. Once she's caught her breath, she stood up to her full height and smiled at him. "Hi!" She greeted him.

"Yeah, hi" Tobio simply said, before turning his back to her and resumed walking.

"You didn't say good morning back to me" Mei pointed out.

"Good morning"

"That's better!" Mei beamed at him. "Uhh, can I walk with you?"

"I don't own the street, so you can" was all Tobio said, but secretly he was wishing she would just leave him alone.

He couldn't outright tell her to scram, because that would piss her off and he really didn't want to deal with that, so early in the morning.

His good mood was gone entirely.

__________________________

"He texted me first!" Tooru stood on his bed and jumped, his phone in his hand. "Tobio texted me first!"

Tooru was in a really good mood.