66

The fight between Seokjin and Namjoon seemded to slowly calm down. Especially because it was clear that no one actually wanted to go to this wedding.

Melody had mentioned that her father never seemed interested in pop-music, which made them question the motive behind them being invited.

But it seemed rude to not accept, especially since Melody had tried to convince everyone that she was ok with it.

Maybe it was the fact that she had started to become more and more restless as the wedding came closer. Or maybe it was the fact that they actually had to convince her to join them to the hotel at least. But the guys weren't actually convinced that the blue eyed girl was truly ok with all of this.

Melody kept looking at the calendar and turning into her cat-form at random so often it sometimes it seemed more like hiccups.

"Are you sure you want to come with us?" Yoongi asked worried after the girl had finally managed to turn human again.

"No, but I think I will regret it if I don't." She answered truthfully. With her father all the way in Russia, this might be the last time she could see him. Even if she wouldn't be able to talk to him. And he wouldn't know who she was. And he had clearly moved on already.

"I wonder what his wife is like." Melody tried to distract herself. "I heard she has a son."

"I don't know much about them to be honest." Yoongi shrugged. "I don't even know why we were invited."

"Maybe the son is a fan?" Melody thought out loud as her mind started running all the places it could to avoid reality.

Whilst Melody was trying hard to distract herself, the boys were trying to keep their minds focused. Their days were filled with producing, recording and extra practices.  The few hours they would have off during the day were filled with trying to keep themselves sane and well-rested.

"Is it always this chaotic before a new song release?" Melody asked at a moment she finally saw one of them sitting down.

Hoseok sighed and nodded in the affirmative as he tried to get as much nutrients in his body as possible.

"We've got to perfect our skills you know." He said taking a break between bites of his food. "And we have to stay healthy while doing so. We wouldn't want to disappoint the fans."

Melody nodded understanding, but also wondering how far they were willing to go for their fans. She had heard stories of fainting and injuries. To be honest, whenever they would have a concert she would get scared. Maybe, if their fans saw them like this, they would think the same.

Melody thought the relationship between the group and the fans was one that was truly complicated. In a way, they lived off off each others happiness. The fans only being happy if the boys were, and the boys only being happy if the fans were.

It was a fragile balance that should never be tipped. Not by anyone. Especially not by her.

To cause an imbalance by having something that made the boys happy upset the fans... that could cause a huge rift. A rift no one would be able to mend or forgive. No, Melody decided to stay far away from that balance.

It was better if the fans didn't know.