74

I'm seeing more and more theories forming! I'll continue so you can grow them even more!

----------

"Is that her?"

"Such a tiny little thing."

"Poor soul."

Multiple voices awoke me from my short nap. I didn't recognize them, but they sounded friendly.

"Oh look, she's waking up!"

"Let's keep our distance guys, we don't want to go and scare her."

I looked up, moving the piece of cardboard, that had been covering me, a bit further away. I was surrounded by at least 5 other cats. They were bigger than me, but with me being a munchkin, that wasn't too hard to do.

"You ok there kiddo?" A voice asked, and it became clear that it had been these cats I had heard talking. Weird. I had never been able to understand cats before the one earlier today, and now there were 5 of them!

"I, I'm lost." I managed to stutter with a soft voice. Who were these cats? Why could I talk with them? Did they plan on making me leave too?

"Yeah, we gathered that.." A calm voice said with a bit of a chuckle. "You are quite far from the mansion."

I tilted my head.

"How do you know that's where I'm from?" I asked suspiciously. I did not like the fact that these strangers seemed to know more about me than I expected.

"You're Luna, Andrey's kid right?" A cat I hadn't even noticed yet asked. It was an orange and white cymric that was seated on a low rooftop not too far ahead.

"How do you know?" I asked, getting more and more curious every second.

"Well, you're small, so you must have first changed when you were quite young."

"You seem relatively young."

"We saw you at the wedding."

They saw me? Does that mean they were there? how did they know all of this?

"And lets not forget, the grand cat himself actually showed up."  a calico manx spoke in a tone that dripped with sarcasm.

"the grand cat?" I asked leaving my shelter carefully so I could sit up. "That big brown one? The one that told me to leave?"

"That would be the one yeah." the manx nodded.

"Still can't believe he'd treat her that way." A grey persian added.

"Really? after all of those years with him and you still can't believe that's how he treats family?"

"Family maybe, but that's his own d-" the persian got cut off by the manx that had spoken before.

"Don't worry about it kiddo. We'll get you home when the sun comes up. The road is too dangerous to travel at this hour." The tabby balinese nodded as all of them got a bit closer to me.

"That flat piece of road does not have enough light to protect us from the cars."

"Don't worry, we will keep you safe." the blue russian said as he allowed me back into my shelter and laid down in front of it's entrance.

"Your family has got your back kiddo."

Too tired to let all this new information sink in I let my eyelids droop down and fell into a calmer sleep.

-------------

Yoongi couldn't remember how he had managed to fall asleep, but he woke up with the same sense of urgency that he had felt before he had been brought into the house.

He got changed into his warmest clothes but could still feel the cold that his hart radiated. He couldn't imagine spending any more time without his Melody on his side. He didn't want to imagine it. He had to go outside right this second. He had to find her.

"Eat something." Seokjin said. Handing Yoongi a sandwich that he knew the younger one wouldn't sit down to eat for. 

"Thanks." Yoongi took a bite before putting his arm through his sleeve, taking another bite as he got the rest of his outside clothes on their assigned body parts. By the time the last finger fit correctly inside his glove, Yoongi was several meters into the garden and the sandwich was finished.

"We will find her" Namjoon said, steps behind his elder with the rest of the group in tow. None of them seemed well rested, but all seemed determined that today was going to go their way. No matter what, they would find their friend.

-------------

"About last night...-" I started hesitantly to the calico cat that was walking to my side. "- what did you mean with my 'family' ?" 

The blue russian that was walking in front of us looked over its shoulder for a second but said nothing.

"You... don't know who we are do you?" The calico asked a bit unsure, and I shook my head no.

"I thought maybe you would be able to assume from what we said. But I guess... If he really never told you anything.." The manx didn't seem too sure how to tell me what I had asked for.

"We are your uncles!" A siberian said with more energy than I would be able to muster up for an entire day after the poor sleep we had had the previous night.

"My.. uncles?" I asked.

"You did know you had uncles right?" the Persian at the end of our train of cats asked softly. "I know we weren't often there.. Your dad doesn't really like us much."

"But. You are cats?"

"So are you." The siberian pointed out. "We are all hybrids here."

"It's a family trait."

"Or curse."

"It- it runs in our family?"

"Well yeah! Every generation it's quite the surprise if it will happen to them. For a while we thought it had missed your dad, but well.. You see how big he became. You are the first girl that I know of though. Quite a shocker when you suddenly turned."

"My dad knows?" I questioned. Standing still in my tracks at this information. "My dad knew all along?"

The blue russian who had been quiet during the entire conversation stopped as well and turned himself to me.

"He wasn't there, but from what he heard from your mother... Even we could assume what had happened." 

My legs started shaking as the truth hit me. He knew, he just didn't care

All this time I had thought there was something wrong with me, that I had been alone in all of this. But now, as it turned out, I hadn't been. I couldn't help but hope that I had been. That he hadn't known. That he hadn't willingly abandoned me.

"After how he acted last night I am sure he knew."

"I hate to say it, but our baby brother is an evil man."

All of my memories of a happy family.

All of my memories of us together.

It had meant nothing.

I knew my dad was tough, but this?

The image of my mother going crazy just by the sight of me. How I had looked covered in bruises after I had tried to see her again.

He had known.

He just didn't care.