22

"Hyung, about Melody." Hoseok started whilst they were on their way to the studio.

"What about her?" A still sleepy Yoongi grunted.

"About me giving her her own room... I just thought she might want some more privacy.... She is a grown woman after all..."Hoseok seemed unsure about his actions and hoped he hadn't upset his hyung. Knowing that really, it hadn't been any of his business.

Yoongi hummed in agreement.

"You were right to do what you did." he mumbled before turning to his side.

The members just assumed that he was tired, which was true, but Yoongi couldn't deny the fight that was going on in his mind.

'She's a grown woman'  Hoseok's words echoed in his mind.

No, she was simply his cat. A friend that would support him and stay by his side.

'Good night oppa'  Yoongi curled up at the thought of the words that had been haunting him all night. Curse Jimin and his mentioning of Yoongi's weakness.

She's younger than Jungkook! Yoongi tried to remember what Jungkook had looked like when they had just met. He had practically been a baby.

Whatever he did however, he couldn't imagine what Melody must have looked like at that age. Her body must have been very different.

Yoongi cussed at himself for even changing to that topic. Her freaking body.

Yoongi tried to hide in his car seat and tried to think of literally anything else.

Melody spent most of her day home alone just trying to survive her heat. She was used to it by now, but it was still very uncomfortable. 

It was times like this that she wished she was just a normal human being. It was unfair that she had to suffer twice!

Melody sighed and stared at the ceiling from her spot on the couch. Like every time this dreaded moment came her mind started questioning again if maybe she should just turn into a cat and get spayed. That probably would solve a lot of her issues.

No heat, no period, no chance of having children with this curse.

Whilst at first glance this whole turning into a cat business looked cool, it had brought so many issues with it.

Melody thought about the time before she got this ability, when she had just been a regular girl -albeit a bit spoiled- with a loving family.

Tempted Melody looked at the front door. Maybe she could... It was worth a try right?

When the boys came home late at night they heard a faint meowing coming from the bushes in front of the building.

Curious, Namjoon went to take a look only to be shocked to find a very familiar while cat hiding in fear.

"Hyung! This is Melody right?" He yelled at the second eldest, not wanting to suddenly kidnap an unknown cat.

Yoongi, who had been out of it all day, turned to his dongsaeng and looked at where he was pointing. Immediately he snapped out of his zombie-like state and ran over to his beloved feline.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He whispered whilst trying to pick her up. The cat winced at his touch, but allowed him to lift her and bring her with him to their apartment. 

They could tell there was something seriously off about her, but in her cat-state it was difficult to get any answers about what had happened.

Taehyung, remembering his conversation with the girl the day before, decided to set a plan in motion to try and get the girl to be happy again so she could turn human.

He started off telling silly stories , followed by Seokjin and his masterful dad-jokes.

Jimin and Hoseok decided on crazy dances, and Jungkook challenged her to a gaming match. Jungkook won, but it was closer than he liked for a match against a cat.

Namjoon wasn't sure what to do, but before he could even try anything, Melody lied down next to him and the two enjoyed a nice moment of silence.

Melody knew that just like the others, Namjoon was there for her. Just in a calmer way than some of the others.

Yoongi smiled at all the attempts the others were making. The time that they had all been scared of her felt like decades ago. It meant a lot for him to have all of them in his life.

After a while they all had to go sleep, since tomorrow was going to be another busy day. The moment Yoongi got up to get ready Melody meowed. At first he didn't understand what she wanted, but when she got up and slowly walked to him he picked her up and let her join him.

Again, the cat winced when she got touched, that combined with how slow she was made Yoongi worry even more than he already did.

After getting ready for bed he turned towards the feline who had make herself comfortable on his bed.

"Are you ok?" he whispered. A soft meow tried to convince him that she was, so he let it be for now.

Melody curled up to the boy and they both almost immediately fell asleep.