23

A very small part, since it's almost midnight here. We might be on lock-down, but I'm trying my best to keep an ok sleeping regime!
Hope you guys are all safe!

-----------

When the boys got ready to go to work Melody still hadn't turned back.

"She must be really sad." Taehyung whispered sadly. The others couldn't hell but feel bad either.

"What was she doing outside anyways?" Namjoon asked as they entered the van to go to work.

"Looked like she was hiding from something." Seokjin answered worried.

"You guys ok?" Sejin asked, shaking them out of their thoughts.

"Ehhh... Yoongi's cat is acting weird." Hoseok answered. It was in a way the truth after all..

"What happened?" The manager asked, genuinely worried for the feline he had only seen once before.

"No idea, we just found her outside last night. She seemed really hurt." Yoongi almost whispered. It was clear he was the most upset about this of all the boys.

Sejin rarely saw Yoongi this emotional, but he figured it made sense; it was Yoongi's pet after all.

"Yeah, you really have to be careful when cats go outside. You never know what the people around you might do." Sejin focused on the road again as the boys couldn't help but remember how they got the cat in the first place.

When the guys came back into their apartment at night they were welcomed by a scent that predicted that dinner was going to be amazing.

With big smiles they entered the living area, with it's open kitchen and dining table.

They all greeted the girl, who welcomed them back. She stayed focused on the food in front of her and kept her back turned towards them.

"Do you want me to help you?" Seokjin asked in a happy mood after the great performance they had had today.

"NO!" startled the boys took a step back and stared at her. "No, no, that really isn't necessary. I've got this." She tried to back peddle but it was already too late.

Unsure of what to do the guys looked at eachother, only for Jimin to make a final decision and push Yoongi forward.

Yoongi walked to the girls side and tried looking at her, but her hair covered the side of her face like a curtain.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked, clearly concerned.

Melody nodded, but didn't say anything, secretly biting her lip to stop herself from crying.

Yoongi reached out his hand to move her hair away, but Melody tried to stop him. She was too late however, since the older had already seen what she was trying to hide.

"Hyung, can you take over the cooking?" Yoongi didnt take his eyes off off Melody, but could see Seokjin come closer as soon as he asked.

On his way over to the working station Seokjin too was confronted with what his dongsaeng had seen, and whilst concerned, he decided to leave it just for now.

Yoongi walked the girl over to the couch, and slowly others started to see it too. Some decided to stay as supportive friends, others decided to give them some privacy.

"What happened?" Melody couldn't stop the tears any longer after hearing her owners concerned voice. Since she didnt want to talk about this certain situation right now, all she did was shake her head.

Yoongi understood. How could he not?
And so he settled on hearing the story a different time, whilst right now he just held her in his arms. Tightly, but making sure not to touch the severe bruises on her face and body.