26

Melody's bedroom door closed behind her and the seven guys looked at each other.

"Wel... there's definitely something going on there." Seokjin said as he got up to prepare food.

Yoongi felt himself getting angry. Or maybe it was scared. All he really knew was that he wanted to go to her room and yell at her until he got answers and she stopped whatever she was doing. And so he went. He opened Melody's door without knocking and against his better judgement, he raised his voice.

For a second everybody froze in their seats as they heard Yoongi's loud voice though the walls of the house. They understood, but they never expected it. Hoseok and Namjoon looked at each other and both got up to try and diffuse the situation.

"Stop acting like you understand!" None of the boys had ever heard Melody's voice this loud. Her voice was clear, and the pure emotion of it felt like ice sliding down your body.

"You said you understood, but you clearly don't!" Namjoon and Hoseok opened the door but got ignored by the two already there. Both looked ready to fight whilst also seeming to have lost already.

"You come home bruised, making me worried out of my mind, and just continue going to that place?!" Neither of the newcomers knew what to do, they had never seen Yoongi this angry before. " And then you expect me to UNDERSTAND?!"

Namjoon walked towards Yoongi and stood between him and the girl he was yelling at.

"I think you two need space." He said in a calm voice and tried to push Yoongi out of the room.

"No, she needs some commonsense!" Yoongi snarled pointing past Namjoon. He couldn't see Melody, only Hoseok could, and Hoseok saw the tears welling up in those bright blue eyes. Hoseok couldn't help but step towards her and slowly coax her to sit down on her bed with him.

When the door slammed closed behind Namjoon the tears started flooding. Hoseok let the girl cry all she needed, stroking her hair to calm her down a bit.

"Calm down man!" Namjoon ordered Yoongi trying to get the pink haired boy to calm down to a reasonable extent.

"How can I be calm when she does things like that?!" Yoongi rebutted voice still loud but slightly out of breath after his struggle with Namjoon.

"Maybe what she goes there for is more important to her than the bruises." Namjoon said in a calmer voice.

"What on earth could be more important than her health?" Yoongi mentioned, still heated.

"Her happiness." Seokjin answered as if the answer was clear as day.

"But- but..-" Yoongi looked defeated as he whispered clearly meant only for him to hear, "she has me..."

Namjoon, who managed to hear Yoongi's whisper, pretended he hadn't and shoved Yoongi towards the couch.

"Come on, you need to get your mind off off this."

After a while Hoseok came back into the room, informing them that Melody had fallen asleep and would not be joining them for dinner, again. He tried to size up Yoongi as he sat down at the dinner table to join the others. 

"You calm yet?" He asked when he really couldn't read his hyung's poker-face.

Yoongi grunted in a way that was supposed to indicate a yes.

"She tell you what was going on?" he asked in a deep growling voice. Having yelled too much before. He clearly hadn't let any of it go yet, but a hint of pain and insecurity was now clear on the surface.

"Nope" Hoseok answered with a popping 'p' "She seemed really hurt though." Hoseok knew it was a mean thing to do, but after he had seen Melody cry for such a long time absolutely broken, he couldn't help himself. "You must have really upset her."

They kept quiet during the rest of dinner, only the sounds of the cutlery hitting their bowls and plates could be heard.

-----------

Melody didn't show herself in the morning. Hoseok was the first to see her when he arrived home early again.

The truth was that the dance leader has a suspicion as to what was going on. He had been talking to the janitors some more, now also getting the input from one of the older staff members, and had uncovered what he believed to be a big clue.

And so his plan to confirm everything went into action. He pretended to be busy with something in the closet when he nonchalantly started talking to the girl.

"Hey Luna -" He started, waiting for an answer.

"What's up?" The girl on the couch responded, realizing what she had done only a second too late. With wide eyes she looked at the boy across the room from her.

"How do you know my name?"