79

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Im an old woman now...

----------

The white cat woke up to the sound of a chair rapidly moving back and her human friend scurrying away. Melody was a bit confused, but got distracted once again once she noticed the door to the music studio opened. Her fellow maknae came over and picked Melody up in his arms.

"Did you miss me?" The boy asked, only to be answered with a meow.

"We aren't done yet, I just left to go to the bathroom." Jungkook placed Melody back on the chair and scratched her between her ears. "We won't be much longer." He ensured before rushing to the bathroom as Hoseok signalled him to hurry through the glass door.

A bit disappointed Melody took in her environment again. On the table right in front of her was Seulki's book. Undoubtedly left behind in haste. Melody had never seen it before, mostly interacting with her female friend during their dance classes. The binding was colourful and seemed to compliment its owners personality. Melody wanted to open it, satisfy her curiosity, but defied these feelings when thinking of the secrets she herself was keeping.

Instead Melody pawed the book closer and guarded it by lying down on it, hiding it from prying eyes. 

A while after Jungkook rushed back into the music studio and joined the others in their work it seemed it was finally time to go back home. The studio door opened once more and Melody was greeted by eight tired, but satisfied faces, one of which bid farewell to her friends and left to do his own thing.

"Sorry for making you wait." Melody's boyfriend had her in his arms before some of the guys had even properly adjusted to the different lighting in the hallway. Melody just meowed and nuzzled against his hand.

Reminded of the book she had been guarding she started pawing at it again. This time the book was out of her reach.

"You want the book?" Yoongi asked. Seokjin grabbed the book so his friend could hold the feline in both arms. The eldest let the pages flow from one side to the other in order to see if it had a name anywhere. All he was confronted with was incredibly detailed drawings of landscapes and manhua characters.

"Impressive." Jungkook said as he looked over the shoulder of his hyung.

"It is. But it doesn't say who it belongs to." Seokjin sighed disappointed.

"I think Seulki was sitting here before, right?" Hoseok asked Melody and the cat nodded.

"How do you know what Seulki looks like?" Namjoon asked, surprised at his age mate.

"I've got to know who our Melody hangs out with, don't I?"

Melody couldn't help but feel happy hearing her friends caretaking response.

"So, what are we eating tonight?" Taehyung asked as they entered the building. Before Seokjin could turn around and suggest the maknae line cook for once, they were greeted by an elevator full of boxes.

"Sorry! We're moving out... Think we will be using the elevator for quite a bit tonight.." a neighbour that lived down their hall yelled apologetically over the large pile of items stacked in front of her.

"Stairs it is.." Jimin sighed as he could already feel his legs tense up.

"I guess we are eating whatever we have in the fridge." Seokjin asked the previous question once they were halfway up the stairs. "I'm not going down and up these again."

The others nodded in agreement, not wanting to be sent back downstairs for an errand either.