25

"Excuse me?" The boys were walking to the exit of the building when one of the janitors called out to them.

"Do you guys own a white cat?" The young man asked. Surprised the boys nodded.

"Yeah, we do.. Why?" Hoseok answered, not sure where this conversation was going.

"One of the ladies on the 5th floor seems to have a problem with a white cat that stays in this building..." Immediately the image of the woman who had acted incredibly hostile towards the feline came up in the minds of all the boys. "It seems to be a very sensitive topic for her. So..." The man seemed unsure how the boys were going to react to his request. "Would it be possible to keep your cat away from her?"

The boys looked at each other wondering why on earth they were being told this right now.

The janitor, thinking that perhaps he had asked too much from such global superstars quickly tried to make the situation better.

"I mean, you don't have to hide the cat or anything, just make sure it doesn't go to the 5th floor... Or just make sure it wears a collar so it can't be sent to the pound. I'm not saying I would send it to the pound, but that lady...." Thinking he might be about to lose his job he sighed "She really doesn't like that cat."

 "Sure, no problem." Jimin said. The janitor felt a burden fall off off his shoulders, thankful the guys were nicer than he thought.

"Why are you telling us this now though?" Yoongi asked in a bit of a stricter voice. "So far I know she's never been to the 5th floor before."

"Well.. we don't exactly know what she's up to when we're not home.." Jungkook muttered and Yoongi had to begrudgingly agree.

"I'm not sure if it's your cat. But apparently a white cat did suddenly show up on the 5th floor a few days before. That woman has never been the nicest, but.." the janitor shook his head as a shiver went down his spine when he thought back to that day.

The boys got the hint and thanked the janitor. They told him they would keep an eye on their pet and to make sure she stayed away from that lady.

"I didn't know our janitors gossiped this much about the residents here." Hoseok said giggling at the thought of all the juicy stories these probably knew about others.

"They really shouldn't.... That woman must be really horrible." Seokjin answered looking up at the building as he got into the van.

"Can you imagine the gossip they will tell if they find out we have a girl living with us?" Namjoon said getting slightly worried about the future.

"We'll just say she's a live in maid." Taehyung said. "After all, she does clean a lot."

"Or she can be the cat-sitter." Jungkook chimed in, smiling at how perfect that situation was.

Yoongi let the others continue their conversations about possible explanations and issues they could run into. He just stared out of the car window whilst thinking about just how little he really knew about the girl that was currently bruised black and blue in their apartment.

It had never bothered him that he didn't know what she did when they were gone. And he had never pressured her to tell him about her past. He suddenly understood how the girl had felt when she told him that she didn't know anything about his life. This was maddening.

-----------

"Shoo! Shoo cat!" I looked at the guy. I knew what he was trying to do, and I understood why, but I had to do this.

I stared at the door in front of me. I kept my distance but stayed in my place.

"You really can't be here." He tried not to yell, to not make people curiously open the door. Especially the door that I was sitting in front of.

He tried to pick me up, and I decided this would probably all be over sooner if I just let him.

He took me down the elevator and let me down on the ground again. 'Tsss... like I don't know my way back there.'

I walked a few circles until the guy stopped paying attention to me and then I entered the stairway. five floors might not be that much but, as a cat of a small stature, it definitely did cost me quite some energy. That combined with the fact that I was bruised all over meant I wasn't too fast in getting there.

-----------

"We're home!" Taehyung sang in his operatic voice.

Melody smiled and greeted them from the couch where she was watching tv.

"What have you been up to?" the pink haired Yoongi asked as he sat down next to her. Melody just raised her shoulders and gestured at the tv. Indicating that this was pretty much it.

Yoongi chuckled, happy that the idea's that had gone wild in his head for the entire day had finally been shot down. He moved to the tip of his seat and turned towards her. He tucked some of her hair behind her ear and his eyes glanced over her face.

"Did you have this bruise already?" He asked worried. He looked at her face again and saw that she had a busted lip now too.

"This wasn't like that yesterday." He mumbled whilst his thumb softly went over her bottom lip.

The others started looking at her closely now too, something that made Melody only more uncomfortable than Yoongi alone had made her.

"Which fightclub are you part of?" Jungkook asked laughing, trying to lighten the tension.

"Or is it some back-alley animal fightclub?" He added.

"I bet it's hosted by that lady from the 5th floor." Hoseok laughed, being pulled in by Jungkook's strange behavior.

Immediately Melody turned to him with big eyes.

"Oh, yeah, we are supposed to tell you not to go to the 5th floor." Taehyung said. "Apparently a cat-hater lives there." He shook his head disapprovingly.

 "It was you... wasn't it?" Yoongi asked, not understanding what she would have been doing there.

The others stayed quiet whilst Melody swallowed hard and tried to get up from the seat. Yoongi tried to stop her by grabbing her wrist and asking why she had been there. Melody didn't answer, she just pulled her arm away from him and walked to her room.