40

bts-army_OT7 How could I say no to a request like that? Of course I can't post twice everyday... But at least today I can!

LotusLee010608 Don't worry, there will be more than enough Yoongi in this story, but we can't neglect the others now can we? :D

-----------

"You sure are trying a lot of things these days aren't you?" Namjoon asked surprised by how much the girl had changed since she had been able to go outside.

"Well.. there are a lot of things I haven't tried before." She answered. Her hands were slightly shaking, but no one seemed to notice.

The hyung-line and Melody were sitting at the kitchen counter, just drinking and talking. Melody sticking to water and juice, remembering how horrible the day after all that alcohol had been. The others had a bottle of beer in front of them, except for Yoongi who seemed to prefer the stronger stuff. He sipped at it slowly, looking around and laughing with the others.

Melody smiled, trying to be happy. Melody felt empty, lonely, like she didn't belong. No matter what she did she had to admit that she was nothing like these guys. She wasn't even close.

Melody started playing with her glass, moving it from one hand to the other like a cat pawing at a toy. If she could focus on this, just on her glass, maybe that would stop the tears from falling.

"How are your classes going?" Yoongi asked, having been paying more and more attention to the girl during the conversation. He noticed the fidgeting, the biting on her lip and the way her eyes wouldn't stray from her glass for even a second.

"Oh, they are fine." Melody answered. Truthfully, she was having issues adapting to learning again. She had always been good at studying, but it had been so long... She hadn't realized how much she had forgotten..

Melody felt like a total failure. A waste of space. A human without a goal. Her hands started to shake even more, almost missing the glass a few times before she decided to just hold it with both her hands.

For a moment she wished she had joined the maknae-line in taking Yeontan for a walk. But she hadn't felt like being around their active and joyous actions either.

"I- I'm going to head to bed." Melody mumbled, getting up and putting her stuff away. The others looked at her, noticing something was wrong, but not sure how to resolve whatever the issue was. They watched her walk away and close her bedroom door behind her.

"Well...." Namjoon broke the silence, not sure what to say.

"I'll follow her." Yoongi said, finishing his drink and leaving for Melody's room.

----

"Hey." Yoongi whispered as he entered the room. "You wanna talk about it?" He walked to the bed that the girl was lying on and sat down by her side.

"You wouldn't understand." Melody whispered. Her lower arm covering her eyes.

"Try me." Yoongi said, pulling her arm away softly and looking into her tear-coated eyes.

"I feel so- so-" She paused for a second, trying to find the right word " lost." After that first sentence came out of her mouth a waterfall of explanations and frustrations followed.

" It's like a whole new world has opened up for me, and there's just... no space for me." She finished her rant. Yoongi sighed, now lying next to the girl.

"And why wouldn't I understand?" He asked, still looking at the ceiling. "I understand that feeling all too well." Melody turned her head to look at the boy next to her, and he followed her example, looking straight into her eyes. "I've even written songs about it."

"I only had one thing I wanted to do. Music." Yoongi started to explain. "But my parents were against it. Burned my work, yelled at me all the time." he sighed thinking back at that time. "I felt horrible. Started looking for a new dream, but found alcohol instead." He raised his pointer finger so the girl wouldn't misunderstand. " I was never an alcoholic. I just... needed the escape sometimes."

Melody looked at the boy next to her. She had never heard him talk about his past like this. And whilst what he was saying in a way hurt her, it also healed her. It made her feel like maybe she wasn't as alone as she had thought. He had always seemed so great to her. But the fact that he understood, it warmed her heart even more.

"I walked around for months, looking for a new dream as all my friends went ahead and followed theirs." Yoongi shook his head and looked at the girl again, wanting to make sure she heard him. "Your dream isn't as important as your happiness is. Nothing else matters as long as you are happy."

Whilst his words definitely helped Melody feel better, and even made her smile a bit. Yoongi was once again reminded of what he didn't want to remember. Remembering how his dream had killed his initial source of happiness. He looked at the girl and wondered if what he was doing was truly ok.

It was going to be fine, he told himself. History wasn't going to repeat itself.