Just 'Friends'

"Hey gays! I mean- guys!" I greeted my friends with a wide smile as I entered the half occupied compartment.

"Hi Y/n!" They all replied returning the gesture.

I sat beside Hermione and gave her a kiss on the cheek then wrapped my arm around her waist.

It was a normal thing for her and I so it wasn't something new to any of us or any of our friends. They just choose to tease us all the ti-

"Why don't you just date already!" Harry sighed out as he shook his head in disbelief. They all agreed with him with a 'yeah' or an 'I know right'.

"Guys, we've told you a million times now. We're just friends." Hermione replied placing a hand on my thigh as I nodded with a hum in agreement.

"Who in Merlin's beard are friends kisses each other?!" Ron said exasperatedly while the others looked at each other and nodded.

"First of, it was just on the cheek. And second, it just was a friendly kiss, nothing romantic." I said while our friends groan in annoyance.

"You don't kiss any of us, your friends, besides Hermione,
Y/n!" Draco exclaimed while he gestured with his hands.

"Well, I don't kiss you because the chosen one might choose me to die."

"I don't kiss Harry because I might be killed by a blonde ferret with greasy hair."

"I don't kiss Luna because I might get hit by a thousand bludgers in Quidditch practice."

"I don't kiss Ginny because Luna might send nargles into my room. Which I don't want because they'd steal my stuff."

"And finally, I don't kiss Ronald because he smells like cheese."

As much as they wanted to protest, my remark made them all laugh loudly. Especially Ron's. Poor guy.

"I don't really smell like cheese, do I?" He said as he sniffed himself which made his face scrunch in disgust.

We all laughed louder than before which made the people in the compartment next to ours bang the walls heavily. As soon as our laughter died down, Ginny began to speak.

"That was a good point, Y/n. But still, you guys look like you're an old married couple already!" She said with a teasing grin.

"Unless," Luna started but paused to get our attention

"Unless what?" Ron asked

"Unless they're dating but not telling us." She continued with her dreamy voice as she lays her head on Ginny's shoulder, closing her eyes.

They all gasped dramatically except for me and Mione, of course. Draco held a hand on his chest and said

"You guys aren't hiding anything from us are you?"

Hermione and I look at each other for a second then look back at him. We laughed for a bit before I talked

"If we were dating each other, you guys would be the first people to know." I said as Hermione nodded in agreement.

"Besides, me and Y/n would never date." Hermione said with a contagious giggle in the end. Which made me giggle too.

"You guys are too cute not to date." Ginny said while stroking Luna's hair.

"You guys are sickeningly adorable." Harry said as he played with Draco's scalp on his lap.

"The two of you make me feel more single than I already am!" Ron exclaimed. His voice cracked which made him sound like he was about to cry.

We all laughed at him and dove into another conversation.

~~~TIMESKIP, BROUGHT TO YOU BY: HARRY, AS HE WALKS HEDWIG DOWN THE STREETS OF HOGSMEADE!~~~

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I were sat at the common room. Mione and I were reading while the boys talked about Quidditch and how Snapes shampoo doesn't work for him.

Hermione was sat in between my legs while reading a book she held. My arms were wrapped around her waist as my chin rested on her shoulder. I was basically hugging her from behind.

I was listening to her, reading to me when I felt her physically shiver from the cold air that blew when the door swung open. Ginny and Luna walked in and sat beside Hermione and I. They looked at us with proud smirks as they cuddled into each others touch.

I removed my arms from around Hermione and pulled my head away from her shoulder which made her confused. She looked back at me with a confused face and I just smiled at her and said

"I'll just get something from my dorm. I'll be right back, alright?"

She nodded with a soft smile as she sat up, letting me stand up. I kissed her forehead before leaving to my room.

I went to my dorm room, which was shared with Hermione and Ginny. I opened my closet and got my Quidditch hoodie, which only the Gryffindor players had customized, that had my last name- Y/L/N, on it.

I got back to the common room and gave her my hoodie.

"I noticed you got cold so I got you my hoodie." I said softly with a sweet smile.

She smiled and looked at me, then my hoodie, and took it from my grasp.

"Thank you." She said as she wore my hoodie, then we returned to our old position on the couch.

"Just date already!" Ginny shouted which startled all of us including Luna.

When Hermione flinched I subconsciously tightened my grip on her waist which made her freeze to her spot and tense up.

"We're just friends!" Hermione and I replied at the same time.

"Then you guys, should stop acting like you're more than that!" Harry exclaimed while Ron nodded beside him.

"Ugh. Here they go again." Hermione sighed

"Wanna go to our dorm, Mione? It's more silent in there."

I offered. She smiled and nodded. I picked her up bridal style and ran to our dorm which made her giggle.

We entered our dorm room, I lied her on my bed and lied beside her.

"Can we take a quick nap? I'm kinda tired." I asked her.

"Okay." She said as she pulled me closer to her to cuddle.

I leaned into her touch and closed my eyes

Yes, Just Friends.