Water Break

Just friends Pt. 2

Y/n's POV

I just jumped down my broom from a thirty minute training. Man do I tell you, Quidditch is getting more and more intense throughout the years. Especially now that the  Slytherins are getting better.

"Alright people, get back on your brooms in five!" Harry yelled out for the whole Gryffindor team to hear.

Groans can be heard from every corner of the field as the players sat on a bench or grabbed a bottled water. I sat on a bench where my best friend, Hermione Granger was sat.

I rested my back on the backrest of the bench and groan in soreness as I closed my eyes shut. I heard shuffling from beside me so I decided to open my eyes. When I opened it, I saw Hermione handing me a face towel and a bottle of water.

"For you." She whispered just loud enough for me to hear. She looked down to face the ground but I grabbed her cheek and rose it so she was looking at me.

"Thanks, darling. You're the best!" I said, smiling softly at her. She blushed at the action and the compliment, which didn't go unnoticed by me.

I grabbed the towel and the bottle from her grasp. I wiped some of my sweat on my face with the towel that weirdly smells exactly like Hermione.

Then I drank from the bottle she gave me. I managed to finish the whole bottle in one go, probably because the 60% of water in my body was now sweat.

"Erm- Mione. I hope this isn't too much to ask, but do you have more water? I'm afraid a bottle isn't enough." I said scratching my neck smiling goofily at her.

"Oh, I only brought two bottles with me. One's yours and the other one's mine." She says as she rose her hand which was holding her own bottle.

"Well, are you going to finish it?" I asked, referring to her bottle.

"I don't think I will. I'm not that thirsty anyways." She replied as she showed me that her bottle was barely touched.

"Oh. I'll have it then." I said grabbing the bottle from her hand and drinking out of it.

"Y/n, I already drank out of that!" She said in a panicked tone. I brought the bottle down from my lips and smiled at her.

"Hmm, this water tastes sweet. Did you put anything in here?" I said 'innocently' as I looked at her in confusion.

"I- I already drank out of that, Y/n. And y- you-" She was going to explain but I cut her off.

"It's fine, Mione. It's just a bottle." I let out a chuckle and said in a reassuring tone.

"But I'd love to taste that sweet lips directly, one day." I said as I went back to the field to continue training.

"W- what?!" She asked me which I only replied with a shrug.

"I'm excited for the end of seventh year, is all I'm saying." I said, she blushed once more knowing exactly what I meant.

I've always day dreamed about being with her. Walking together with out hands intertwined, cuddling with each other, going on dates, I don't know- kiss, and maybe if she'll have me, grow old together.

Although we already do some of those, I do want her to be officially mine. But for any of that to have a chance happening, I must wait for when we graduate.

You see, Hermione and I have strict parents. They don't allow us to date yet. So, Hermione and I decided to get together, but after we graduate. We had this mutual feeling and that neither one of us can deny.

For now, we're just friends. But after my wait I'm sure we'll be more than that.