Yule Ball Troubles

Requested!!

No one's POV

Yule Ball is just around the corner. Almost everyone already has someone to go with and here is Y/n, stuggling to talk to a mirror as she practices how to ask a certain someone.

"Have you heard about the ball- ugh of course she has, literally everyone's talking about it." Y/n stuffs her face in her hands muffling her tired groan.

Trying again, she faces the mirror standing straight "would you maybe want to go to the ball.. Together? Like maybe, maybe be my date?"

Too busy coaching herself, she doesn't notice the door to the shared dorm being opened.

"Euh cringe."

A figure walks in the room as she gives herself a pep talk. Putting on her game face as if she was talking to someone else.

"You can do this. You're Y/n L/n, this should be easy. Yeah, that's right. You got this."

She closes her eyes, taking in a deep breath, calming down her nerves. Only to be startled by the door creaking open, which makes her immediately open her eyes and look back.

"I'm going crazy, aren't I?"

She shakes her head, resuming hyping herself up.

--

It was lunch time when Y/n nervously sits down beside the Golden trio in the Gryffindor table.

"H- hey guys!" Her voice cracks, making the three giggle at her.

"Hi N/n!" Hermione greets cheerily.

'You can do this.' Y/n thought to herself, before breathing deeply.

"So.. You guys have someone to go with to the ball yet?" Nice. Real subtle.

"Ugh don't remind me." Ron face palms, his face turning redder than his hair.

"Not really. I kinda tried to ask Cho, but of course she's going with Cedric." Harry says sadly, giving us a tight lipped smile.

"What about you, Y/n?" Harry asks

"Well, about that.. I actually came here to ask Her-"

"Oh my Merlin!!" Hermione screeches, cutting off whatever Y/n was about to say, making their ears ring.

Ron rises from his slouched position. "What?! What is it?!!" Alarmed, he looked around.

"I've got a letter from my parents!!"

"You could've just said that." Ron frowns, slumping back into his seat. "Anyways, what was it you were about to say Y/n?"

"What? Oh it's nothing, haha. I- uhm, I gotta go. I've got a lot of classes, yes." Y/n excusses herself out of the conversation and out of the hall. Bumping into people, tripping and catching herself before she falls to the ground face first as she rushes out.

The trio looks at each other confused at her behavior, before shrugging and continuing to eat. Unbeknown to the boys, the bushy haired girl was sporting a small smirk.

--

Y/n was really saddened that her attempt of asking Hermione to the ball didn't work. So the next day, she tried again. Determined to ask the brown eyed beauty before someone else does.

She looks for Hermione all around the castle, asking anyone and everyone if they'd seen her. Failing to do spot the bookworm, she goes to the last place she could think of. The library.

Which to be fair, should've been the first place she checked. But anyways, she scans the room as she walks past shelves.

Seeing the Gryffindor at the end of the hallway, Y/n rushed to her side.