Scars and Flowers

He said ,'My heart is filled with deep scars !'.

She replied ,'Then let me plant my love over them like numerous flowers,
That if even I perish,
My love end up decorating those scars' .

"This is what these verses mean in English!".Emaan glanced up hearing Mr Esber's voice as he gestured at the ruffled paper which had landed on her lap sailing all the way of air unlike many of its companion which lay scattered on the floor as their seeming little pilots escaped seeing the owner of the thin raw material building their planes lashed on them for destroying his favourite book of poetry.

"It's one of my favourite .And you know what Dr Emaan I think this poetry chose you cause you seem like a person who holds the heart to give a love like this !".Mr Esber ended with a smile at Emaan who seem taken aback both by the words of verses that just  seemed meant for her and the words of Mr Esber that felt so foreign seeing how she was incapable of making Khaled open about his feelings and pain .

"You know what you should keep it!".Emaan tried to deny but Mr Esber dismissing with a smile rushed to collect his other scattered treasures arcoss the room.

Emaan sighed before gazing at the paper and more at the meaning those few words held.

All refreshed and changed in different clothes ,Emaan was in Mrs Esber's house sitting beside Maryam .Even though this time she had ascertain only for spending time with her Mimi but ever since the call from Martha had left her thoughts conglomerate into a clutter ,a head aching clutter, and as a result she was busy in rumination while keeping Maryam engaged by giving her cherished vibrant ball, whose surface Maryam was ardently involved in scratching as if she was a jeweller testing the purity of vibrant jewel in her hand.

From her visit to Khaled's house and some received from Mrs Esber and Mr Rahman,Emaan had collected few toys for her little Mimi .But to Maryam,there were only certain set of toys that acquired her royal attention .She loved colourful vibrant things as sound was something an unknown realm to her leaving sight and smell her known world and sight was something she relied on most. The toys whose attraction was the sound they ere useless to her and it was a process of how she showed her disinterest ,if something didn't attracted her visually she will taste it thinking whatever was not worth seeing was worth eating .And finding it tasteless it would be immediately discarded with a sour look on face followed by weeping which silenced only with the next toy and if it wasn't to her likeness ,the process was to repeat .

But knowing well ,the vibrant ball was Mimi's favourite ,Emaan had deliberately offered her cause usually she wouldnt as that ball would always acquire attention of Maryam in such way that she played with it like she and the vibrant ball existed in her world only and no one else was needed .

But presently ,she needed her Mimi to be busy in her own world cause the mental world of her mother was worse than mayhem .

Emaan just couldn't understand why Khaled kept it all hidden from her ,was it cause he didn't wanted to trouble her or was it the matter of trust ? But they were together now in this journey,they were partners , soulmates ,his problem wasnt just his .But how does she fit this into that stubborn mind of her husband .

And in all this agitation, she also wanted to solve the situation ,end this mess ,she never wanted Khaled to suffer cause of her and knowing she had been the reason from the very beginning ,it tormented her to no limit .But the problem was she didn't knew how to solve everything and even before solving she wanted to know the whole situation,she desperately needed to .Yet she was confused whether she should ask Khaled directly but would he answer if she asked ,if he wanted to tell her he would have already done ,leaving her all hope condense down to only one option - Laiba Amtu . But was it alright to ask her ,would it leave Khaled feeling betrayed or would he be angry or what if Amtu feels she wasn't good enough wife to him.It was a road of enending miserable thoughts.