Ch 13:Scente

Su Sanlang held the leaf bag in his hand and said, “Our Simei is so capable. You helped feed the chickens and even caught many insects for me to use as bait in the trap.”

3

Madam Zhao smiled and said, “Then you’ll have to make another trip.”

Su Sanlang smiled and said, “It’s just one more round. It won’t take much effort.”

Su Sanmei had caught so many insects. He would be letting her down if he didn’t make the trip. There was no bait in the traps he’d made. He thought it was up to fate that he hadn’t caught anything, but she’d reminded him that birds loved to eat these little bugs. The wild animals were more likely to be caught with bait.

Su Sanlang looked at Madam ZhaoXiaolu had woken up and was listening obediently and quietly.

He smiled and spoke to Su Xiaolu. “Simei, look at Daddy.”

Su Xiaolu looked at Su Sanlang, but not at his face. She was looking at the leaf bag in his hand. She could smell her urine…

1

It was a little awkward. Did these bugs drink the dirty water her third sister used to wash her diapers?

Su Xiaolu’s sense of smell was very strong. Once she smelled something, she would remember it. A baby’s urine did not have much of a smell, but she was surprised to smell the familiar scent of spiritual energy in the Space. Although it was very faint, it did not escape her nose.

2

Seeing that Su Xiaolu seemed to be interested in the leaf bag in his hand, Su Sanlang smiled and said, “Simei wants to catch insects? Not now. When you grow up, I’ll let your third sister take you to catch them. Simei, be good. I’m going out to work.”

After chatting for a while, it was time for Su Sanlang to go out.

Madam Zhao wanted him to rest more. Su Sanlang smiled and said as he walked out, “When I go out, I’ll take a walk along the way and that would allow me to rest. Darling, rest well. If you’re hungry or thirsty, call for Sanmei.”

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Helpless, Madam Zhao looked at Su Xiaolu gently and said, “Simei, you must be filial to your father in the future. Your father is the best man in the world.”

1

Su Xiaolu looked at Madam Zhao’s obviously better complexion and smiled at her. “Wahh…”

She had to. A man like her father was a rare commodity. He protected her when she was young, and she would take care of him when he got old.

1

Madam Zhao’s gaze was gentle. Su Xiaolu was clearly just a baby and could not understand anything, but every time she spoke to her youngest daughter, she could not help but be serious. Every time she looked at her youngest daughter’s black and moist eyes, she felt that she understood.

Every time she saw her youngest daughter open her mouth in an o shape or make a sound, she felt that it was her response.

Madam Zhao leaned against the bed and patted Su Xiaolu gently to coax her to sleep. Madam Zhao smiled slightly. The room was bright and quiet. There were no curses nor noises. It was very quiet and comfortable.

She could still hear the other three children clearing the well not far from the house.

This was really good. Madam Zhao felt relieved at this moment.