Ch 19:Warmth 1

Su Sanmei swallowed. She wanted to eat eggs too, but when she thought of her mother and sister, she said sensibly, “Father, I won’t drink. Let Mother drink more so that Simei can eat her fill too.”

Su Sanmei liked Su Xiaolu very much. At the age of six, she already knew that her newborn sister could not eat anything and could only rely on her mother’s milk to survive. Only when Madam Zhao ate well, would she have enough milk to feed Simei.

3

His sensible daughter always made Su Sanlang’s heart ache. He reached out and stroked her hair.

“Give it to our little sister, Father. I don’t want it anymore either.”

Su Chong looked at Su Sanlang in confusion. He was giving away, but he also looked like he could not bear to do so.

“I don’t want it either. Feed my sister well.”

Su Hua waved his hand as well, enduring the pain.

Su Sanlang couldn’t describe what he was feeling. He patted his sons on the head, then patted Su Sanmei on the head and praised them. “Good children. You’re all good children.”

3

Even his two mentally retarded sons knew how to be modest. They might never understand how precious this was.

Leading the three children into the house, Su Sanlang went straight into the back room.

Madam Zhao had already sat up when she heard Su Sanlang’s voice. She had been waiting anxiously.

When she saw Su Sanlang enter, the worry in her heart eased. She said gently, “Sanlang, you’ve worked hard.”

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Su Sanlang put down his basket and said happily, “Darling, I’ve bought cotton and cloth. We don’t have to suffer from the cold in winter.”

When Madam Zhao heard this, joy surged in her heart. She said in a sobbing voice, “Really?”

Su Sanlang took the cloth and cotton out of the basket on his back and put it on the bed as if he were presenting treasures.

Madam Zhao was so happy that she cried. Her hands trembled as she touched the cloth and cotton cautiously.

“Darling, don’t cry. It’ll hurt your eyes.”

Seeing Madam Zhao cry made Su Sanlang’s heart ache.

Su Sanmei also went to Madam Zhao’s side to wipe her tears. “Mother, don’t cry.”

Madam Zhao nodded. She was so happy. Ever since they were chased out, she had been worried about how they would spend the winter. Although they had also been cold in the past, they did not die from the cold.

Now she could finally stop worrying.

Su Sanlang also began to talk about what had happened after he entered town. Madam Zhao listened quietly and smiled gently.

Su Sanlang concluded, “The heavens are still looking after our family after all.”

1

Madam Zhao nodded in agreement.

“Ahwoo—”

Su Xiaolu, who did not have much presence, made a cute sound at the right time. She had been awake since she heard Su Sanlang’s voice. In fact, she also worried about how much he could sell the goods for.