Ch 77: Don't Repay

Su Chong and Su Hua were getting better every day, and so was Zhou Heng.

Su Xiaolu had also read half of the medical book. She recognized many herbs, some of which she had never seen in her previous life but were extremely precious here. Su Xiaolu remembered them.

Some of the medicines she had prescribed for Su Chong and Su Hua were taken from the Space, but some of the expensive herbs were taken from Old Wu. She did not understand what they were at first, so she thought they were just ordinary herbs. But as she read the medical book, she realized the value of these expensive herbs.

Old Wu never spoke of this great kindness.

Su Xiaolu knew, but she could not pretend that it did not exist. She remembered the kindness in her heart. She thought that when her two brothers completely recovered the next year and Zhou Heng recovered too, she would follow Old Wu to pick herbs. The Space was fertile, and the herbs planted in it were stained with spiritual energy. She could not waste it.

On the fifth of November, Su Xiaolu and her siblings recited the Thousand Character Classic with Zhou Heng as usual.

There was a loud knock on the courtyard door, followed by the sound of crying.

"Third Uncle, Third Aunt, please open the door and save my father."

Chen Daniu cried and banged on the door. Her tears rolled down like broken beads and she couldn't stop.

Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao were not at home. When they heard the knock on the door, Su Chong and Su Hua could not help but look at Su Xiaoling.

Su Xiaoling frowned and said, "It's Daniu. I'll open the door."

Su Xiaoling ran to open the door. When it opened, Chen Daniu, whose face was covered in tears, knelt down.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Su Xiaoling was shocked and quickly reached out to help her up.

Chen Daniu refused to get up. She cried and said, "Xiaoling, my father was hit in the head and lost a lot of blood..."

Su Xiaoling had mixed feelings when she heard this. She helped Chen Daniu up and said, "Daniu, come in first."

Chen Daniu couldn't stop crying. She held Su Xiaoling's hand tightly and said, "I want to find Third Uncle. I want to ask him to help find a doctor to save my father. I-I'm willing to do anything for your family to repay you."

Chen Dainiu looked at Su Xiaoling firmly. Su Xiaoling could not bear it, but she still said, "Daniu, my parents are not at home, and Doctor Wu went out to pick herbs."

Chen Daniu looked at Su Xiaolu in the courtyard and pleaded, "Can you let Xiaolu go? She saved my mother before. She... can definitely do it too. As long as she can save my father, I'm willing to marry your big brother, okay?"

Chen Daniu's heart was filled with despair, but she had nothing to give. If she had anything valuable, it was probably her life.

She knew that the Su brothers were mentally unsound. She wanted to repay them with herself. This was undoubtedly painful for her because it meant that she would have to spend the rest of her life with a child who would never grow up. He would never understand her worries.

Su Xiaoling was stunned. She did not know how to answer.

Su Xiaolu had already walked out. She said, "Big Sister Daniu, I can go with you to take a look. I don't want you to repay my brother like this. Good friends have to help each other. Uncle Hu and Dad are good friends."