Ch 42: Collapse

The children were also terrified and could not hold it in any longer. They knelt beside Su Sanlang and cried out for him.

“Father, Father, wake up. Sob… We’re so scared…”

In the eyes of the children, their father was their sky. He was as great as a mountain, but now their great mountain had fallen before them.

Without his protection, they had no idea what the future held. Confusion and fear reached a crescendo, and they wept helplessly.

“Sanlang, wake up. You said that we were going to leave together. You can’t leave us alone.”

Madam Zhao cried sadly. Her world seemed to have fallen into darkness, and there was an abyss in front and behind her.

“Sanlang, Sanlang.”

At that moment, an anxious and worried voice sounded. Chen Hu ran over and said without even taking a breath, “Sister-in-law, don’t cry. Let’s send Sanlang to the doctor first. You guys have to pull yourselves together. You’ll definitely survive.”

Chen Hu wanted to carry Su Sanlang on his back, but he was not strong and he was crippled, so he could not do it.

Chen Hu was sweating profusely.

He looked around and his eyes lit up. “Doctor Wu’s house is right next door. I’ll go get him.”

With that, Chen Hu ran to Old Wu’s courtyard and knocked on the door. He shouted, “Doctor Wu, Doctor Wu, open the door! Help!.”

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Old Wu came out of the house when he heard the noise. His footsteps were still a little unsteady as he said impatiently, “Why are you so noisy?”

Old Wu seemed hungover and unhappy to be woken up.

However, at this moment, Chen Hu couldn’t care less. He hurriedly apologized to Old Wu and said, “Doctor Wu, I was rash, but someone’s life is on the line. Come out quickly and save them.”

Old Wu opened the door and was pulled away by Chen Hu. However, although Chen Hu used all his strength, Old Wu did not move. Chen Hu was stunned for a moment. Before he knew it, Old Wu was already walking towards Su Sanlang’s family.

Chen Hu immediately followed and said, “Doctor Wu, quickly save him. He’s unconscious.”

Madam Zhao’s eyes were red and swollen. She retreated timidly and looked at Doctor Wu hopefully.

The children stopped crying too and stood aside with tears in their eyes.

Su Sanmei looked at Doctor Wu and suddenly knelt down. She put Su Xiaolu aside and kowtowed to Doctor Wu. In a sobbing voice, she said, “Doctor Wu, please save my father. I am willing to sell myself to you as a slave! I only beg you to save my father.”

Su Sanmei knew that they had to pay doctors to treat illnesses, and her family no longer had any money. The last time her father wanted to save her mother, her family had been chased out.

Now, she wanted to save her father, but she had no money. She had no other option other than selling herself into slavery.

Recommended for you
Top 35+ wives and girlfriends of famous Footballers
Sponsored by bakehuge
1

The six-year-old girl had such determination in her eyes.

Old Wu glanced at her but said nothing.

However, Chen Hu quickly said, “No, no, no, I have ten taels of silver here. Sanmei, quickly get up. This, this should be enough, right?”