Ch 92:Scar

Zhao Shouren looked at Su Chong and Su Hua. No matter how he looked at them, they were already in their teens. Under normal circumstances, it was impossible for such an old child to be sent here to learn. After all, at such an age, they should already be married.

1

Su Sanlang said, “I want my two children to enter school. Their mental illnesses were cured recently, so they want them to come to school to learn how to read.”

Zhao Shouren finished sizing up Su Chong and Su Hua. Hearing Su Sanlang’s neither servile nor overbearing tone, his gaze landed on Su Sanlang.

One of Su Sanlang’s eyes was wrapped in gray cloth. Zhao Shouren frowned. He looked at Su Sanlang and said, “A few years ago, I heard that a family cut ties with their parents. Later, they went into the mountains and killed a big tiger. They went blind in one eye. It seemed that there were two sons with mental disabilities in the family. Is that your family?”

Three years ago, news of Su Sanlang killing a tiger had spread far and wide. Zhao Shouren had also heard about it and heard a few things about Su Sanlang’s family.

But that was someone else’s business and had nothing to do with him. Now that Su Sanlang had come to his house, Zhao Shouren felt the need to ask him about it. He did not want the child of someone who did not understand filial piety and disregard his parents’ kindness to learn from him.

1

Su Sanlang didn’t know why Zhao Shouren asked this. He looked at Zhao Shouren and nodded without hiding anything. “Yes, that’s me. I’m Su Sanlang.”

Zhao Shouren frowned. “Why did you cut ties with your parents? Can you tell me the reason in detail?”

Su Sanlang frowned slightly. He said, “Teacher Zhao, this is my family matter. I just brought the children to ask if they could enroll. I can guarantee that they’re all good and obedient children. They won’t give Teacher any trouble.”

“Su Sanlang, if you can’t explain why, then please forgive me for not being able to accept your two sons as students. Please leave.”

1

When Su Sanlang refused to say anything, Zhao Shouren’s attitude became much colder. He had heard that Su Sanlang had caused such a scene because of a woman. What kind of good children could such a person give birth to?

“Father, let’s go back. I don’t want to learn from such a teacher.”

1

Su Hua tugged at Su Sanlang’s sleeve and whispered.

This was the first time he had met the Teacher, but the Teacher was completely different from what Little Brother Heng had described.

The teacher didn’t test him on his knowledge. He only asked him about his family. He remembered that part of the past. It was a scar on their family. However, the knowledgeable Teacher Zhao didn’t avoid talking about it and even forced them to expose it. This wasn’t good at all. He didn’t want to learn from him.

Su Chong also pulled Su Sanlang’s hand and said, “Father, I don’t want to learn from him either.”

Two ignorant children actually dared to say that. Zhao Shouren’s expression immediately turned ugly. He snorted and said, “Please leave. My temple is small and can’t accommodate you two.”

Su Sanlang held Su Chong and Su Hua’s hands. He swallowed and paused before asking Zhao Shouren, “Master Zhao, I ended my relationship with my parents back then because my family wanted to live. I wanted them to be able to eat well and wear warm clothes. I don’t want to elaborate on the reason behind this. Others can never empathize with my experience from just a few words. I don’t regret my decision that day, and I never will.”