Ch 40:Complete Severance

With that, Su Sanlang urged Chen Hu to find a sack to fill the food with.

Although Chen Hu did not know the reason, upon hearing that Su Sanlang was so anxious, he went to find a sack first. His wife was woken up by the noise and was about to ask when Chen Hu whispered, “Dear, don’t ask anything. Come and help.”

Madam Qian swallowed the question that was on the tip of her tongue. She had always been a quiet person. Chen Hu was a good person, so she listened to whatever he said because Chen Hu would never do anything to hurt her. Ever since the two of them started a family, Chen Hu had never made her sad.

After getting the rice and grains into the house through the window, Chen Hu was about to ask when Su Sanlang said, “Huzi, thank you. Remember not to say anything. You can keep these things. Remember, don’t let my hard work go to waste.”

With that, Su Sanlang turned around and left before Chen Hu could say anything.

Chen Hu looked worried. He called out to Su Sanlang, but he did not dare to shout loudly.

They could only watch as Su Sanlang disappeared into the night.

Chen Hu felt terrible and immediately said to Madam Qian, “No, I have to go to Sanlang’s house and ask what’s going on!”

Madam Qian hurriedly pulled him back and said softly, “Dear, you can’t go. If you go, his efforts will be in vain. Calm down first. Let’s keep these things well. Tomorrow, go and find out what happened to his family.”

Madam Qian’s words made sense, and Chen Hu calmed down. After some thought, he nodded. “Alright, I’ll listen to you.”

Madam Qian sighed softly and pulled Chen Hu back to bed.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

When Su Sanlang returned home, he climbed into bed in the dark and said softly to Madam Zhao, “Darling, go to sleep.”

Madam Zhao replied softly, “Yes, you should sleep too.”

Neither of them spoke again. The night was quiet, but neither of them slept.

How could they sleep at a time like this?

The next morning, Madam Zhao and Su Sanlang, who had not slept the entire night, got up. The two of them did not speak and killed the few pheasants and hares they had raised in silence.

By the time Su Sanmei, Su Chong and Su Hua got up, the house was filled with fragrance.

The soup was thick and delicious. Madam Zhao let the three children drink a bowl of soup each before eating the meat.

She hadn’t even cooked any rice.

The family ate the entire pot of meat and soup cleanly.

After eating, Su Sanmei asked softly, “Mother, can I still catch insects to feed the chickens?”

The bunny had to eat grass, too.

Madam Zhao stroked Su Sanmei’s hair with heartache and said with resolve, “You don’t need to. You don’t have to catch bugs today. I’ll feed them with fine rice today.”

Madam Zhao went to feed the chickens and rabbits with rice. She felt horrible, but she did not stop.

She had just finished feeding when she turned around and saw many people coming down the road.

There was the village chief, Old Master Wang, Old Master Li, who was an official who lived in another village, as well as Grand Duke Su Si, who was of a high seniority in the Su family. There were also some other relatives and neighbors in the village.