Ch 32:Chicks Out of the Shell

Madam Zhao looked at the white steamed buns and felt grateful. “They’re so kind.”

Seeing the three children holding one each and not daring to eat, Madam Zhao and Su Sanlang did not know whether to cry or to laugh.

In the end, Madam Zhao said gently, “Eat.”

“Mother, you and Father should eat too.”

Su Sanmei could not bear to take a bite. After Madam Zhao spoke, Su Chong and Su Hua took a big bite and revealed satisfied expressions.

Madam Zhao gently stroked Su Sanmei’s hair and said with a smile, “Mother will eat too. Eat it. There’s still some here.”

Only then did Su Sanmei start eating the steamed bun.

Su Sanlang handed one to Madam Zhao and said, “Darling, have one too. We’ll have dinner with the rest later. We’ll cut the braised meat and cook it with some dried vegetables for dinner.”

Madam Zhao looked at Su Sanlang and said, “Sanlang, I’ll give you half of this too.”

Being cared for at all times warmed Su Sanlang’s heart. He smiled and said, “Darling, I’ve already eaten two big steamed buns at the Sun residence. Master Fu made me eat them and even gave me water to drink. I’m not lying to you, really.”

Madam Zhao looked at Su Sanlang. Seeing that his eyes were smiling and sincere, she believed him. She smiled and said, “Okay, I’ll eat it.”

Su Sanmei took her two brothers out to eat.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Su Sanlang took out five taels of silver and handed them to Madam Zhao. He said, “Darling, keep this money well. I’ve asked Master Fu about it. There’s a miscellaneous medicine hall in Goathornorn Town. A few months later, after we save some more money, our family will make a trip into town for the new year. We’ll bring Chong and Hua to see a doctor. We’ll also get a doctor to take a look at your recovery.”

After Madam Zhao finished the medicine prescribed by Old Wu, her complexion and health were much better than before.

However, if there was a chance, he still wanted to get the doctor in town to take a look.

Madam Zhao nodded with tears in her eyes. “Alright, I’ll listen to you.”

2

It didn’t matter if she got a checkup or not. The most important thing was to bring her sons to a doctor, but there was no need to say that out loud. Su Sanlang cared for her. How could she brush away his love?

The two of them looked at each other and smiled. Madam Zhao felt warm and fuzzy in her heart, and so did Su Sanlang.

He was the backbone of the family and shielded them from the wind and rain. However, the family gave him warmth and a sense of belonging. The supportive wife and his obedient children were all given to him by his wife, Madam Zhao.

Su Sanlang picked up Su Xiaolu and played with her.

Su Xiaolu smiled, looking forward to the future of this family.

“Darling, I’ll have to trouble you at home for this period of time. When I go further into the mountains tomorrow, I’ll bring Chong and Hua with me. There’s basically no work to do in the fields after October, and the others have to cut wood and flip the soil too. When November comes and everyone is free, they’ll also think of going into the mountains to catch something. I’ll have to make more traps this month before then.”