Ch 170:Su Xiaozhi's Hardships

Su Xiaozhi calmly wiped the tears off her face and said gently to Madam Cao with an empty bowl, "Mother, rest well. I'll go out and take a look."

Who else would come to this house? Su Xiaozhi could not think of anyone else. Hu Daniu and Madam Cao were seriously ill. She borrowed money from her relatives because Hu Daniu had not recovered for a few months. Madam Cao's eyes had not recovered, and no one in the family was willing to borrow money anymore.

They even distanced themselves from her family.

Who else would come to their house?

Su Xiaozhi was puzzled when she heard a familiar voice.

"You must be Shuangshuang. I'm your third uncle. This is your third aunt. Where's your mother?"

Su Sanlang looked at the thin Hu Shuangshuang and his heart ached. He spoke gently to Hu Shuangshuang.

Madam Zhao's expression was gentle and tender.

Hu Shuangshuang looked at the kind Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao. For some reason, she suddenly felt like crying. She choked and said, "Mother is in the house giving Grandma medicine."

At this moment, Su Xiaozhi came out and stood still. She glanced at Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao before lowering her eyes.

Her third brother and third sister-in-law had arrived.

Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao put down their back baskets. Su Sanlang looked at Su Xiaozhi, who had lost a lot of weight, and his heart ached for her. Su Sanlang was a little angry. "Why didn't you tell me that such a big thing happened at home?"

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Madam Zhao also asked with concern, "How is Brother-in-law now?"

Thinking of Hu Daniu, Su Sanlang became even angrier. "Xiaozhi, you... sigh..."

Su Sanlang swallowed the accusation that was on the tip of his tongue. He felt bitter. Why didn't Su Xiaozhi tell them? Was she afraid of dragging them down?

His anger eventually turned into heartache and a sigh.

Su Xiaozhi's tears fell. She choked and said, "Daniu, he hasn't woken up yet."

Su Xiaozhi did not expect Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao to visit her. When they came, Su Xiaozhi felt that she could not hold it in anymore. Tears flowed out like a flood.

Madam Zhao went forward and gently hugged Su Xiaozhi. She patted her back and comforted her softly, "It's been hard on you."

Hu Changshou brought Hu Changyang in and looked at Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao in a daze.

Su Sanlang looked at the children and felt an indescribable sense of melancholy. It was as if he had suddenly seen himself a few years ago.

He gently stroked the child's hair and finally looked at Su Xiaozhi. He said gently, "Have you seen a doctor? What did the doctor say?"

Su Xiaozhi sniffed and said, "The doctor said that he might not wake up. The chance is very slim."

But every time she heard Hu Daniu's heartbeat, she couldn't give up on him. Even if the chances were slim, as long as Hu Daniu continued to breathe, she would grit her teeth and persevere.

Su Sanlang looked around his ruined home, his eyes were worried. "Home, this home..."

He felt bitter. Su Xiaozhi had sold everything she could.