Ch 89: Keep Walking 1

Zhou Heng did not expect himself to walk more than 30 steps.

He wanted to walk 30 more steps, but Su Xiaolu said, "Big Brother Zhou Heng is awesome. The first practice is over. Let's continue tomorrow."

As soon as Su Xiaolu finished speaking, Su Chong and Su Hua immediately went forward to help Zhou Heng back to the wooden wheelchair.

"Don't worry, Heng. Take your time. You'll be fine before long. Rest well now."

Madam Zhou said gently to Zhou Heng.

Zhou Heng nodded.

Su Chong and Su Hua carried Zhou Heng back to his room together. Su Xiaolu tore off the ointment that she had applied on him and said to Su Xiaoling, "Third Sister, help Big Brother Zhou Heng massage it."

Zhou Heng's legs were red and in pain.

Su Xiaoling's heart ached when she saw this. She gently pressed it, just like how she used to massage Zhou Heng every day.

"Does it still hurt, Little Brother Heng?"

Su Xiaoling asked with concern.

Zhou Heng smiled and said, "It doesn't hurt anymore."

Recommended for you
30 Fantastic Dog Breeds You Never Heard Of!
Sponsored by Bakehuge

When he first walked on the ground, the heart-wrenching pain was unbearable. It was their encouragement that made him persevere. Now that he was lying on the bed, his entire legs hurt very much, but he did not want to say that it hurt because he did not want to see Su Xiaoling frown.

Su Xiaoling gently massaged Zhou Heng's legs. Not long after, Su Xiaolu came again and applied more medicine.

After applying the medicine, Zhou Heng could feel that the pain was disappearing. He looked at Su Xiaolu.

Su Xiaolu smiled and said, "From today onwards, you'll have to apply the medicine twice. This way, you can recover faster. If nothing goes wrong, you'll be able to jump around like us this winter."

By then, Zhou Heng would have a pair of healthy legs again. He could walk, jump, and run.

Zhou Heng said to Su Xiaolu gently, "Thank you, Xiaolu. When can I walk normally?"

Su Xiaolu brushed the ointment on Zhou Heng's legs with the medicine brush and said, "Around April."

Zhou Heng knew in his heart that his recovery was really slow.

But when he thought about how difficult it was for him to regain a pair of legs, he endured the anxiety in his heart.

Su Xiaolu applied the medicine for Zhou Heng and went out. She still had to read medical books.

Old Wu's had a basket full of medical books. He said that she had to read and learn all of them.

She usually had to help with work in addition to reading.

It would take years to read so many books.

Old Wu had not gone out to pick herbs for the past two days. He had taught Su Xiaolu diligently. Although Su Xiaolu was a genius, she also did not know many things. However, Su Xiaolu would understand if Old Wu taught her.

Su Xiaolu came to Old Wu's side and saw him flipping through the book. Su Xiaolu called out respectfully, "Master."

Old Wu nodded and took out a poison book. He said to Su Xiaolu, "Xiaolu, do you know what poison is?"