Ch 189:The Eighth Year

"Thank you, Father."

"Thank you, Third Uncle."

Su Chong, Su Hua, and Zhou Heng stood up and thanked him in unison.

Su Sanlang smiled warmly, nodded, and gave everyone a red packet.

Now that his family was rich, Su Sanlang placed two taels of silver in each red packet.

The heavy red packets made everyone smile.

New Year's Eve dinner as usual.

Su Chong was 18 years old, and Su Hua was 17. Since their family was rich, there were already people who wanted to find out about their marriage. Even the 13-year-old Su Xiaoling was being asked for.

Regarding this, both Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao rejected them.

Although Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao said that children should prioritize their studies, after pushing them too many times, some still said that their standards were too high.

Therefore, there was a lot of pressure on Su Chong and Su Hua for their examination.

They needed to become Elementary Scholars and make people shut up.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

If they failed, there would be a wave of mockery.

In the night.

Madam Zhao sighed softly and said, "Sanlang, if they don't pass, will the children be able to take it?"

Would it be a crushing blow to them?

Madam Zhao was very worried about Zhou Heng. In the past few years, Madam Zhao had treated him like her own son.

The villagers also tacitly agreed that Zhou Heng was Su Sanlang's godson.

In the past few years, the villagers had been living well. Many families would send their children to school, and many of them couldn't even pass the child examination.

There were also those who had studied for several years before passing it.

The imperial examination was a scholar's dream, but it was not within reach for many.

Many students had given up on the path of enlightenment.

Even Su Qing from the Su family had been given an ultimatum this year. If he could not pass after the new year, he would not be able to continue attending school.

Studying was something that so many people couldn't afford. He had three students at home, so the village would naturally watch. Some people didn't care, but others were naturally jealous.

There were a few families in the village who wanted to tell Su Chong and Su Hua about their relatives' girls. After being rejected, they felt resentful and waited for them to fail the exam.

Madam Zhao felt terrible just thinking about it.

"Darling, don't think too much. Although we don't know what they've learned, every time Teacher Lin mentioned it to me, he said that they are doing well and told me to rest assured. I think it must be fine."

Su Sanlang also pondered over Madam Zhao's worries. He wasn't afraid of losing face if they didn't pass.

He didn't care about that. He was worried that the children would be discouraged because they didn't get in.