Ch 131: Buying Vegetables

It was almost the new year, and no one was that busy.

Now that the snow had melted, the day's work was to go to the fields and rummage for next year's sowing, or go into the mountains to chop firewood for families to use at home.

At this time, the elders were resting at home, letting their strong sons and grandsons work the ground.

Old Master Wang was no exception, not to mention that he was the village chief.

When Chen Hu came to visit, Old Master Wang thought that he had been mistaken. Only when Chen Hu really walked into the courtyard did Old Master Wang confirm that Chen Hu was really here to look for him.

Chen Hu also smiled and said to Old Master Wang, "Grand Duke, I came to look for you today because I have something to buy from your house."

"What is it? Tell me."

Grandpa Wang asked faintly. After Chen Hu moved out, not only did he live well, but he also settled down. Everyone knew Su Sanlang helped him, but as long as Su Sanlang was willing, no one could say anything.

Chen Hu did not beat around the bush. He said bluntly, "Grand Duke, I want to buy a thousand catties of vegetables. I'm willing to pay one copper coin for one catty of vegetables. I think you should have a lot of vegetables at home, so I'm here to buy them from you. If your family doesn't have enough, you can introduce me to other families."

Old Master Wang also asked the question in his heart, "Hu, a thousand catties of vegetables is not a small amount. Why do you want so much? Your family can't finish them. Even if you dry them, I don't know how many years you can eat them."

Chen Hu did not hide anything. He said, "Big Brother and I have a business. We don't have enough vegetables to sell, so we want to buy some from the villagers."

"So you're in business. No problem, then."

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Old Master Wang knew that Chen Hu and Su Sanlang had become sworn brothers. Their families had a good relationship, so it was normal for them to do business together.

A copper coin for a catty. That would add up to a tael of silver for a thousand catties. He could sell some of the vegetables at home and buy some new year goods during the new year. Anyway, there were so many vegetables that he could not finish them at home.

Chen Hu said again, "Grand Duke, then I'll be blunt first. I don't want to ruin our harmony later. As for green vegetables, I don't want yellow leaves and rotten leaves and vegetables that are too tender. The same goes for cabbage. It's best if there's cabbage with a heart. I don't want bad vegetables."

Even if he gave them to him, he didn't want them.

Old Master Wang knew that this was a business, so it was only right for Chen Hu to make a request. He nodded and said, "Alright, you bought it with money anyway. My family can't give you that much. I'll find a few families and give you two to three hundred catties of vegetables each. We're all villagers, so just don't put it on credit."

Since Chen Hu had a request, he naturally had a request too. Since it was a transaction, he would definitely take the money and goods with one hand.

It won't be fun if Chen Hu wants it on credit.

Chen Hu smiled and said, "I've brought all the money here. I definitely won't put it on credit."