Ch 43: Temporary Stay

Of course, Su Sanlang knew this. He said softly, “Go home, Hu. Leave me here. You’re not well. Go back. You’ve done enough for my family already. You have a wife and daughter waiting for you. Go back.”

He would remember Chen Hu’s kindness for the rest of his life.

He could not implicate Chen Hu’s family. His misfortune was already destined. He could not let Chen Hu’s family suffer because of him.

Chen Hu looked pained. He looked at Su Sanlang with difficulty. “Sanlang, how can I go back?”

The words, the things that might happen, didn’t need to be said. They all knew it in their hearts.

Su Sanlang knew, and so did Chen Hu.

Chen Hu was in pain because he found it difficult to accept that this would be their last farewell.

Su Sanlang, on the other hand, smiled. “Brother Hu, life isn’t easy. I’m lucky to have a brother like you, and I have no regrets. I know you have feelings, but you also have a wife and daughter. It’s the best you can do. Don’t think about anything else. Go. It wasn’t easy for me to get my life back. I won’t fall like this. I’ll write to you after I’ve settled your sister-in-law and nephews.”

With a brother like Chen Hu, Su Sanlang was already very satisfied.

Even if the road ahead was difficult, he had to face it.

Even if he had to die, he had to fight. Even if it wasn’t for himself, he had to fight for his children’s survival. He couldn’t choose to end things without doing anything. He couldn’t be so cowardly.

Su Sanlang’s eyes showed determination. He pulled himself together.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Chen Hu sighed and said, “Alright, I’ll wait for your letter.”

After saying that, Chen Hu turned around and stroked the three children’s hair. “Good children. Be good and listen to your parents. Uncle will go back first.”

Madam Zhao thanked him softly. “Brother Hu, thank you.”

Chen Hu said nothing and strode away.

“Ahem, there’s still some money left after paying for the medicine. It’s not suitable for you to move for the time being. It’s best if you stay in bed and recuperate for a few days. If you really have nowhere to go, stay here temporarily.”

Old Wu coughed lightly and left with the medical kit.

Madam Zhao’s eyes lit up. She couldn’t help but smile and say to Su Sanlang, “Sanlang, let’s recuperate first.”

Su Sanlang had not expected to be able to stay with Old Wu.

Although there was money, money could not buy friendship.

Them living here as a family was definitely an intrusion. Old Wu had been living alone since he’d arrived in the village. He didn’t even have plans to get married, which proved he didn’t like crowds.

It was really a great favor for him to let their family stay temporarily.

Su Sanlang silently noted down his gratitude. If there was a chance in the future, he would come back to repay the favor.

“Darling, I’m incompetent. It’s been hard on you.”

Su Sanlang looked at Madam Zhao’s swollen eyes and felt guilty and sorry for her. Looking at the worried eyes of his children, his heart ached for a moment. Blood surged in his throat and he swallowed it silently.