Ch 80: Lesson 1

Chen Erniu was puzzled. She pursed her lips and ran out.

Chen Hu went straight to the kitchen to cut the meat and boil water to cook.

From the moment he decided to follow Su Sanlang, he had decided not to be the son of the Chen family. His family had worked hard for the food at home. Why should his family starve and freeze?

Chen Hu was cooking while Mother Chen was sewing clothes with her two daughters-in-law in the main room.

When her eldest daughter-in-law, Madam Yang, smelled the fragrance, she sniffed and said, "Mom, why do I smell rice? Who's cooking?"

Her second daughter-in-law, Madam Wu, also smelled it and said gloomily, "I smell it too. Could it be that Chen Hu is secretly cooking?"

Mother Chen slapped the bed angrily. "How dare he!"

With that, Mother Chen got out of bed and went out to check.

When she came to the kitchen and saw that Chen Hu had already cut half a pot of meat and was cooking, Mother Chen was furious. She rushed towards Chen Hu and was about to hit him.

However, it was different this time. Chen Hu did not let Mother Chen hit him. Instead, he grabbed Mother Chen's hand and said coldly, "Mother, you'd better not attack me again. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll do."

Chen Hu's grip was quite strong. Mother Chen only felt pain in her wrist. She was frightened and did not dare to speak for a moment.

Chen Hu let go of Mother Chen's hand and looked coldly at Madam Yang and Madam Wu, who had followed Mother Chen here.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Madam Yang and Madam Wu were both shocked. In the past, Chen Hu was just a cripple in their eyes. Who would have thought that he would have such a ruthless and terrifying side to him?

The two of them did not dare to speak.

Mother Chen, who had come back to her senses, wailed loudly, "Heavens! This unfilial son even dares to hit his own mother. What are you all waiting for? Do you want to see him beat me to death? Hurry up and go to the fields to call you men back."

Mother Chen pointed at Chen Hu angrily. "You unfilial son. Just you wait. When your father and brothers come home, they'll beat you to death."

Chen Hu did not say anything and only glanced coldly at Mother Chen.

Mother Chen was shocked. This gaze was terrifying. She was scared. She looked at the stove and gritted her teeth before leaving.

After they left, Chen Hu continued cooking and preparing the washed vegetables. When the meat was almost done, he would pour the vegetables in and stew them together. This way, he would have both meat and food.

He sharpened a stick with a scythe. His expression was very, very cold in the fiery light.

He knew he had a tough fight ahead of him. Maybe everyone would scold him later. But so what? He didn't care.

Father Chen, Chen Qiang, and Chen Long were called back by Madam Wu and Madam Yang. On the way back, they heard about what had happened and they returned with anger.

As soon as they reached home, Father Chen roared, "Chen Hu, come out and face your death!"

Chen Hu slowly came out of the kitchen with a stick as thick as a child's wrist.