Ch 56: New House 1

"Good. I'm glad you have a plan."

Seeing that Su Sanlang was also on board, Old Master Wang smiled and went out. After all, good things should not go to outsiders. Su Sanlang stayed behind and brought in a big sum of money for the village.

With the matter of the fields and land settled, Su Sanlang was relieved.

By the 30th of November, Su Sanlang had mostly recovered from his injuries. Even Old Wu found it unbelievable that he had recovered so quickly.

But he did.

Even Su Chong and Su Hua's injuries had healed. They were just waiting for the scab to drop off.

Madam Zhao's hand recovered very quickly as well.

One day, Su Sanlang went to Goathorn Town and bought some household goods and two pots of good wine.

At night, Madam Zhao brought Su Sanmei to stew chicken and duck.

At the dining table, Su Sanlang's family, who had always been quiet, spoke for the first time today. Su Sanlang led Madam Zhao to toast Old Wu. He looked at Old Wu gratefully and said, "Doctor Wu, thank you for saving our family. I can't repay this kindness. I, Su Sanlang, promise you that I will definitely not decline if you need something in the future. We have troubled you for so long, thank you for taking us in."

Old Wu ate the meat and drank a mouthful of wine. "Don't be so wishy-washy. It's annoying to look at that. I appreciate your kindness. Let's eat."

Su Sanmei picked up a big duck leg for Old Wu and said sweetly, "Grandpa Wu, please eat."

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

"Yeah."

This time, Old Wu did not refuse.

After eating and drinking his fill, Old Wu returned to the main room without looking back.

At night, Su Sanlang talked to Madam Zhao. He said, "Darling, I've pretty much recovered now. I want to ask Brother Hu to help us build the house tomorrow. I've asked around. A day of hard work outside pays 30 copper coins. Let's invite the villagers and pay them 40 copper coins a day. We'll live in the village in the future. I'll ask the villagers to build a house as a favor."

Madam Zhao nodded. "Okay, I'll listen to you."

This place was familiar after all. They had no big grudge against the villagers, to begin with. It was just that Su Sanlang had killed a big tiger and made many people jealous for a moment.

But as long as they turned around and thought about it calmly, they knew that what Su Sanlang had said that day was all out of anger.

Moreover, most of the money from selling the tiger was spent on buying land and building a house. Su Sanlang was no different from the villagers. Moreover, when they saw Su Sanlang's blindness and Madam Zhao's disability, the last bit of envy in their hearts would disappear.

What the villagers had was what they had risked their lives for.

"It's been hard on you."

Su Sanlang sighed. He hugged Madam Zhao's thin shoulders and choked slightly.

Madam Zhao couldn't help but tear up. She replied gently, "Sanlang, I'm not afraid of hardship, nor do I feel it. I'm actually really happy."

Madam Zhao leaned against Su Sanlang's chest. Everything she said was from the bottom of her heart. With Su Sanlang's protection, all the hardships she had suffered would pass.