Where Are We Assigned To?

Carina was currently sitting face to face with Nathan having breakfast together. "So?" Nathan asked. Carina looked up at him. "Well, if we are working together.... we should know more about each other." she said. He nodded and started speaking.

"My name's Nathan Byers and I'm an only child. My hobbies include skating and skiing. What about you?" "I'm Carina Romanov and my hobbies are reading and listening to music."

Carina found Nathan to be very outgoing and care-free. She was glad he was like that. This meant Nathan could easily do all the talking with other people and she would just hide behind him.

"All last year students, pls report to the auditorium immediately" Carina heard on the speakers. They both got up and headed towards the auditorium. Nathan was a man with humor. He told Carina jokes that earned him a slight laugh from her.

"You look beautiful when you smile." he said. Carina started to blush like never before. Is he flirting with me? she thought. She started freaking out inside her mind.

Very soon they reached the auditorium. There she spotted Mia. "Carina! Come here." Mia shouted. She walked in Mia's direction with Nathan. "Do you know why we are here?" Nathan asked. Mia nodded. "Well, they are telling you which company's you've got to go for the internship" Mia said pointing towards a teacher.

Carina and Nathan headed in that direction. They stood in the long line of students who were waiting to get their company's name. "Um Nathan?" Carina called. He looked at her. "Could YOU ask where we are assigned to?" she asked looking down.

Nathan chuckled at her. "You're cute" he said. Carina started blushing again. They finally reached the front of the line. "Names please" the teacher said. "Nathan Byers and Carina Romanov" Nathan answered.

The teacher looked through her list and finally looked up. She had a look of worry in her eyes. "You both are assigned to.....Collins Enterprise" she said. Nathan's relaxed eyes immediately changed into worried ones too.

"Oh okay. Thank you" he said before dragging Carina out of the line. Carina noticed the change in his behavior. "Um Nathan, what's wrong?" she asked innocently. He looked at her with disbelief. Does she really not know? he thought.

"Carina, do you really not know anything about Collins Enterprises?" he asked. She shook her head no. Nathan sighed. "Do you know Victor Collins?" he asked. Once again, he was met with a 'no'.

Now he looked at Carina with pity in his eyes. She was about to enter the lion's den without even knowing about the lion.

----------

Carina sat with Mia, Ashton and Nathan at the cafeteria table having dinner. "Guys, could you please just tell me what is it that's worrying you?" she asked getting desperate to know the reason behind their worried faces.

She had told Mia about it and now even Mia was freaking out. Carina was so confused but everyone refused to tell her.

"Nathan, please keep her safe there" Mia said. Nathan nodded. Safe? Why did she need to be protected? She was going for an internship, not a war, Carina thought. Her friends' disturbed faces were scaring her.