The Call

On coming home, Mia found a crying Carina. Even after many attempts Carina refused to tell her anything. Afterall, how could she not listen to Victor's threat. "Carina, please speak to me" Mia pleaded her.

"Mia, please don't force me. You know if I could, I would tell you" Carina told her. Mia sighed and finally gave up. "Fine, but come down for dinner, will you?" she said. Mia left after seeing Carina nod.

As Carina was about to leave for dinner, her phone rang. It was an unknown number. "Hello?" she said. "Ms. Romanov." Carina's heart stopped for a second on hearing his voice.

"You there Ms. Romanov?" Victor asked. She wanted to say something, but her voice got stuck in her throat. "Are you ignoring me?" Victor asked from the other side.

Carina shook her head no without realizing he can't see her. "I assume you're probably shaking your head right now Carina, but I can't see you. So give me words before I end up at your doorstep" Victor growled.

Carina snapped out of her shock and said "S-sorry sir, yes I-I can hear y-you." Victor took a deep breath before asking "Have you eaten yet?" "No s-sir" she replied.

"Okay, eat first. I'll call you in 2 hours, be done by then" saying this he cut the call without letting her answer. Carina just stared at the mirror. "What just happened?" she muttered to herself.

----------

Victor was getting restless. He told her he'd call her in 2 hours. But these 2 hours proved to be the longest hours of his life. "S-sir?" Melissa popped her head through Victor's office door. "What!" Victor snapped. Melissa figured Victor wasn't in a good mood.

"S-sir I have the tickets booked. B-but I need s-some information from Ms. Romanov t-too for further bookings" she said. Initially Victor just gave her the deadliest glare ever. But slowly he calmed himself down.

"Melissa, leave right now. I'll tell you when you can get information from her" he stated. Melissa immediately left.

----------

Two hours had finally passed. Victor called Carina. "G-good evening s-sir" he heard on the other side of the phone. "Very good evening Ms. Romanov. Can I ask you something?" he said.

Victor didn't receive a reply from the other side. "Carina" he warned. "Y-yes sir. A-ask me w-whatever you w-want to" she said. Will you sleep with me? Victor's mind told him to ask.

As much as Victor wanted to agree with his mind, he needed to take it slow. Victor could be anything but a rapist. If he would do anything, he would do it with consent.

"What do you think about California?" he asked. "C-California?" Carina asked confused. "Do not question me Ms. Romanov. Give me an answer" Victor said.

"I've b-been there once w-when I was six. I-I liked it t-there" she replied. Victor's lips immediately formed a smile – a genuine one. "So you like it there?" he asked. "Y-yes sir" she replied.

"Okay then. I have a business meeting there tomorrow evening which is why I'm heading to California tomorrow morning. And you're gonna come with me" Victor stated.