Steps in Love

The plane ride was awfully quiet. Felix and Dylan didn't step out once from the cockpit. After all, it was just a 2 hour flight.

Victor decided to ignore Carina like she didn't even exist. And this got her a little frustrated.

She knew Victor was stressed, but him ignoring her was pure torture for the girl. Soon enough, they landed in Minnesota.

"I'm heading to the hospital right now. You go to the hotel with Dylan and Felix. Okay?" Victor asked Carina.

By now, Victor had figured Carina knew about Violet being his sister. She nodded to the question.

Victor got off at the hospital as the car then headed to the hotel. They checked in and went into their rooms.

Carina was admiring her 5 star room when there was a knock on her door. "Hey" she greeted Dylan. He smiled in return.

"Actually, I just got a call from Julia. She's calling me and Felix to the hospital. Says Victor's not taking the situation well" Dylan told her.

"So you're leaving me alone?" Carina shivered as she asked.

"Yeah, sorry about that. But know, that we are just a phone call away" he said. Carina didn't like this idea.

But she knew Victor needed them more than she did. So she pushed her feelings aside and smiled as she waved the two goodbye.

Carina looked at the time. It was 7 pm. From where she stayed, it would take Carina 15 minutes to go to her dad's place.

So that's what she did. Packing her purse, Carina rushed downstairs and called an uber.

She was very excited to finally meet her dad after 3 years.

---------------

Carina was now standing at the doorstep of the house she grew up in. She ringed the bell.

The door opened to show a teenage girl in an apron. "Carina!" Lana screamed in excitement. She hugged her older sister tight.

"Oh my god! I can't believe this!" she squealed. "Won't you invite me inside?" Carina asked. Lana pulled her in.

"Dad!" Lana shouted. "Oh quit shouting will y– " Albert stopped in words as he saw his daughter. "Dad!" Carina ran towards him.

"Oh my sweet angel" he said as she ran into his arms. "How have you been?" Albert asked.

"Never been better" she said, causing both, her father and sister to smile. "How are you here all of a sudden?" he asked.

"Remember that internship I told you about?" she asked and Albert nodded.

"Well, the boss was coming here for some work and I just begged him a little to take me with him" she said.

Carina wasn't ready to tell her family about Victor yet. She didn't even know what their relationship was to be called.

"I'm so glad you're here. Now you can help me with the cupcakes!" Lana jumped in excitement and happiness.

Carina was about to say something when her nose itched.

"Do you smell that?" she asked. "Smell what?" Albert asked back. As they realized, both the sisters looked at each other in horror.

"The cupcakes!" both Lana and Carina expressed as they rushed to the kitchen. Lana immediately pulled them out of the oven.

"They're burnt" Lana said. Carina saw the drop of happiness on her sister's face.

"It's okay. We'll make new ones. Together" she said, trying to cheer Lana up. And it worked.