Pick Up Time

Carina looked at the clock – 6 am. Victor said he'd pick her up at 7:30. She didn't want to go; she still doesn't want to go. But Victor very sternly reminded her on the call last night that one of his rules include saying yes to everything he says.

"I hate that man. We haven't even started working there yet and he already wants to take you to California with him" Nathan said in an irritated voice.

"I don't want to go either Nathan, but its not like it was a choice" Carina said in a sad tone. Nathan looked at that innocent girl who was going with a devil – alone.

"Carina" he held her hand "You can call me whenever you want. Even if its just to scream or ramble or cry. Call me, facetime me, whatever you want. I'll be there for you" Carina's eyes dwelled with tears.

Tears of happiness. She was glad she found someone like Nathan. "Thank you, Nathan" she said and hugged him tight. He hugged her back.

---------

7:28. Two minutes until it was time to face that beast. Carina was dreading the future. She was exhausted and the trip hadn't even started yet. "Hey, it's gonna be okay" Mia tried to comfort her.

"Don't lie to me Mia. A trip with Victor Collins will be anything but okay" Carina said while sinking into Nathan's chest.

They had been standing in the compound for almost 10 minutes now. She was tired, so she found the best place she could for support – Nathan. He even let her sink in.

He knew what she was about to go through and he needed to show her that he was there for her. Just then a black limo pulled up. The window rolled down and Carina saw him.

Victor hated how Carina was completely all over Nathan. "Ms. Romanov" Victor said in a dangerous voice. She immediately stood straight again. Victor smirked.

"Come on Ms. Romanov. We need to reach there before the meeting. And for you Mr. Byers, I have already given the orders to Melissa. Talk to her" he said.

Victor had made sure Nathan wouldn't have a minute to be able to call Carina. He wanted them as far as possible.

He saw Carina hug Mia and give Nathan and Ashton a smile before walking towards the car. Victor got out and opened the door for her. Carina silently sat in.

"Ms. Romanov, aren't you forgetting something?" he said. Carina looked confused so Victor decided to give her a hint.

"I stepped out and opened the door for you. This means I helped you. What do you say when someone helps you?" he asked. This time, Carina understood.

"T-thank you for o-opening the d-door for me sir" she said lowly. Victor nodded before getting in and taking a seat opposite to her.