The Kiss

One week. It had been one week since Victor Collins disappeared without a trace. Mattheo was released after 3 days. He was beaten up badly.

Currently, he was admitted in a hospital. The dean expelled him, much to everyone's shock. Just like everyone else, Mattheo also was threatened to keep his mouth shut.

He decided not want to mess anymore with Victor and just shut up. So once again, there was no evidence against Victor. Carina on the other hand, was extremely worried.

The last time she saw Victor, she had angered him. And now he was nowhere to be found. Garry had left yesterday which meant today she was getting a new boss to work under.

Her calls to Victor were useless. Every single one led her to voice mail. After several voice mails and multiple missed calls, Carina gave up on this method.

She didn't know how to find out where Victor was. Nathan on the other hand, was delighted to find that Victor was not in the office.

Somehow, Nathan had made Victor the most hated person in his life just within these 2 weeks. "Can you turn the volume down?" Carina asked Nathan as they drove to the office.

She had a headache from worrying so much. "Why? You don't like the song?" Nathan asked. "No. It's just that I'm not in the mood" she replied.

Nathan opened his mouth to say something but chose against it. He turned the volume down and they soon reached the office.

Nathan went along with his daily work as Carina nervously waited for her new boss. "Ms. Romanov?" Melissa called. "Call me Carina" she said, a slight smile on her face.

Melissa nodded. "Come" she said as she led Carina to a small compartment.

"Sir has sent these files. He wants you to analyze and organize their data. Until he comes back, he'll keep sending you work like this" Melissa informed her.

Carina was beaming with joy on hearing that Victor was fine and that he had finally contacted someone. "And my boss?" she asked, trying to hide her happiness.

"He said you'll be working directly under him" Melissa said. "When will he be back?" Carina asked, a small smile now cracking on her lips.

Melissa frowned on seeing such a reaction but let it go. "I don't know" she said. "Do you at least know where he is?" Carina asked, now calming down a bit.

"I do. But this is personal information. I can't share it without permission" she said making Carina a little out a small 'oh'. "Thanks anyways" Carina said.

Melissa nodded and left. Carina looked around. This compartment was no bigger than a regular size bathroom. Yet, it was her first office. Carina needed to cherish it.

So she took pictures. Lots of pictures. She sent some to Mia and some to Lana. Some even to Albert, who told her how proud he was. Then she looked at the work.

"Alright, time to get some work done" Carina told herself as she took her seat and opened the first file.

------------

4 hours later Carina was done with her work. Getting out of that small yet cozy compartment, she headed out to Victor's room to keep the files before going back to doing nothing.

Maybe I should call him again, she thought on her way. On reaching Victor's cabin, this time there was no one to stop her. Chase had also gone with Victor.

So she entered the cabin, kept the files and was about to leave when she heard some other files drop. This startled Carina and she shrieked.

"Nathan?" she asked confused on seeing him here. "Oh, hi" he said awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "What are you doing here?" she asked.