Making Love

Three weeks had passed since the vacation. Everything seemed to be going well for everyone.

It was surprising how much both Victor and Carina had changed. Their company for each other had proven to be a success.

Victor was now a much more patient person. He still craved power and control, but it wasn't like before.

He had started giving second chances. People were shocked at this sudden change. But no one complained.

Carina became a much more outgoing person. Yes, she was still introverted and shy.

But now, she didn't depend on Mia if she had to order food from somewhere.

In fact, she had managed to plan an entire birthday party for Dylan last week just by herself!

And not to forgot Carina and Victor's relationship. It had evolved into a beautiful reality.

Victor was a great lover. This was something Carina had not expected from him. But the man knew how to show love, how to show care.

And no, it wasn't through expensive gifts or jewelry. Every weekend, Victor and Carina used to go for a walk on the beach.

They shared with each other everything that had happened with them in the week. The good and the bad.

Victor was surprisingly really good at painting. Carina's eyes had tears in them when Victor gifted her a portrait of herself that he had painted.

That night, she didn't let him go from her warm embrace.

And neither did he try to get away. Afterall, why would you ever want to get away from someone who loved you so much?

Since then, Victor had painted many portraits of the love of his life.

Currently, the two lovebirds sat on a rooftop, hand in hand, eyes staring deep into the other's, while having dinner.

"This is beautiful" Carina muttered. "The food or the view?" Victor asked her. She replied with a smile, "You".

-------------

Four months passed in the blink of an eye. Carina couldn't believe it was only a month before this internship ended.

Her heart thumped in her chest with the thought of not being able to stay with Victor.

"Relax Carina, you'll still meet him on weekends. And there are also phones" Mia said.

"B-but, what if h-he finds s-someone else while I'm n-not there" she stuttered, her breathing heavy.

Mia sighed. It was clear Carina was over reacting. They weren't even gonna be in different cities, and yet she worried so much.

"Carina" Mia started as she took her best friend's hand in hers, "You sure he loves you right?" she asked.

Carina nodded. "Then that's it. If he loves you, he'll never find another" Mia stated.

Carina thought about it for a moment. But Mia interrupted.

"You should only be worried if you think he doesn't love you 100%" she said.

That was not true. Victor's love was not something Carina doubted.

And the realization that she was doubting his loyalty, made Carina feel sick to the stomach.

What was she even thinking?

"I'm sorry" Carina muttered and Mia nodded. With that, Carina left to reach the office.

"Hey girl! What's up?" Dylan asked her. "Hey" she said back tiredly. Dylan raised a brow.