Photo

"Hey" Carina said to a very sleepy Nathan. The doctors had given him some medicine for the infection.

But the medicine made him really sleepy. He smiled on seeing her.

"Hi" he said back in a tired voice. As she sat down on the stool beside him, Carina whimpered a little due to the pain.

Nathan immediately panicked. "Did he hurt you?" he asked. Carina shivered remembering those events.

She nodded. "I'm so sorry. I should've been there" Nathan said taking her hand in his.

"Why are you apologizing? You're in this because of me. I should be the one apologizing" Carina said.

She couldn't believe Nathan was apologizing. What had he done wrong? Absolutely nothing.

"Yeah, but I should have protected you" Nathan said. Carina just smiled at him.

"I know you did your best. And I appreciate it" she said, making him smile.

They talked for a while until the doctor came in and said Nathan needed rest.

"I'll see you soon" she said as she stepped out the room to meet with Dylan who was waiting for her.

"Ready to go?" he asked putting his hand out. She nodded and took his hand.

Halfway until their drive, none of them said anything. But then, Dylan spoke up.

"You know, he wasn't always like this" he said confusing Carina.

"Victor. He wasn't always this cruel, torturous monster" he said, making himself clearer. "What do you mean?" Carina asked.

"Well, monsters aren't born. They are made. Victor wasn't like this when I befriended him. He was a really loving, caring and kind person. I still remember those winter nights when he used to make food himself and then go out searching for homeless people and give them the food" Dylan said.

"Then why'd he change?" Carina asked. Dylan sighed. "He met some other monsters" Dylan indirectly told her.

"Bad company? Victor made bad friends?" she asked but Dylan shook his head no.

"Not friends, enemies" he said. Carina was so confused as to what he was saying. "I'm not understanding" she told him.

"Well, those other monsters did something bad, really bad to him, causing him to turn into this heartless, power hungry creature" he said.

By now, Carina was very intrigued in the story. "Stop beating around the bush Dylan. Speak clearly" she said.

"I can't. It's Victor's life. He decides if he wants to tell you or not. I just told you because you said your heart hurt. If you really try, you might get him back to the Victor Collins I knew." Dylan said, hope reflecting in his eyes.

---------------

Back at the mansion, Victor was giving Felix a hard time. "How did you even let her?!" he shouted at Felix.

Victor didn't take the news of Carina going and meeting Nathan well.

"We didn't let her, we were the ones who offered her" Felix said, trying to not get Victor mad at Carina again.

Victor scoffed. "Of course you did. You both just hate me right?" he spat out. "Hate you? We care for you Victor. We –"

"You care for me that's why you sent her to that man who kissed her when you know damn well how much I hate it" Victor rudely cut Felix off.

"Victor, please understand. She loves you and only you. She wouldn't do that with him" Felix tried to reason with him.

"That's why she kissed him the other day" Victor sarcastically said. Felix knew Victor was mad. He was getting scared now.