New Friend

༺♡༻༺♡༻

                        ༺♡༻༺♡༻

We sat in silence for a while on my bed and Demetri turned his eyes to me.

"There are a few rules here." He began. I turned to look at him to show that I was listening.

"You can leave your room, but I think you will have to stay inside the castle at first."

"Great." I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Heidi brings humans every couple of weeks, and we eat then. We are allowed to leave the castle to hunt, but not here in the area."

I'm already wondering if it was a mistake to stay. "What should be done here?" I asked.

Demetri looked at me and answered. "Over the years Felix and I have taken care not to die of boredom here." He laughed and smirked at me.

Before I could say anything, there was a knock on the door, and the big man poked his head inside.

"Alice wants to see you before she leaves. I said it's not possible now, but she threatened that you'll make my life hell if she can't see you."

"Okay Felix. Madilyn." Demetri motioned me to get up. We started walking towards the castle corridors.

We reached the hall where I saw Bella sleeping in Edward's arms. Alice jumped up and sped over to me hugging me in her arms.

"I'm sorry Madilyn."

"Did you see this, that's why you told me to wait?" I asked.

"Yes, I saw this and I knew you would decide to stay because your soulmate is here." Alice said, looking down sadly.

"I don't feel any connection to him, doesn't a vampire feel a connection to their mate?" I asked looking at Alice.

"I'm sure it's just because you're witch. Or another kind of vampire." Alice laughed sadly, and hugged me again.

"I'm sorry I dragged you here, but you were the only way out. Take care of yourself." She said.

"Alec is confused and angry because he has never felt love and he has never wanted a soul mate." Edward said with a sad smile. I nodded to him and followed Demetri back.

We walked with Demetri and he took me to the library.

"Wow, what a big library." I said, looking around.

"Is that a piano?" I asked looking at Demetri who was standing next to me.

"Yes, I play it every now and then." He replied.

"What do you usually play?" I asked curiously.

"Well, that and that." He replied shyly and I raised my eyebrow. "Tell me now I want to know." I said. Demetri sat down on the bench and started playing. I immediately recognized the song from the first tunes. "Can not be true! November rain?!" I said excitedly.

Demetri continued to play and I joined in, I started to sing

~When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same?
Nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain, ooh yeah
Love is always coming, love is always going
No one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away
If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head just knowin' that you were mine
All mine

So if you want to love me then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin' in the cold November rain

Do you need some time on your own?
Do you need some time all alone?
Ooh, everybody needs some time on their own
Ooh, don't you know you need some time all alone~

"Wow, you two hit it off right away." Felix commented on the door as he entered the library.

"Do you listen to Guns N' Roses?" I asked Demetri in my confusion.

"Felix and I went to see it when it was around here." Demetri answered.

"Yes, it was in 1992, if I remember correctly." Felix said jumping onto the couch with a book in his hand.

"How about you, have you seen them?" Demetri asked.

"Of course, me and my friend Damon saw them in New York in 1988, they performed at the bar that's still standing. Just a couple of days ago, I saw my another friend Kol in New York and he took me there and there is a picture of that evening on the wall among the pictures." I said excitedly and Demetri smiled at me.

"Who is Kol?" Asked Felix and I turned around.

"He is one vampire I met a long time ago." I looked down at my hands, because the memory of how I met Kol came to my mind.

"Is he your fuck buddy?" Felix asked.

"Felix!" Demetri hit him on the head.

"What? I'm just curious."

I laughed at the two of them. "He's nothing like that, he's just my good friend. We have traveled the world together, he likes to have fun, we always go to the bars and he plays with his food before he eats it. He taught me that too." I said with a grin.

"You are like a girl version of Demetri, he also likes to play with his food and sometimes he takes a beautiful girl to his room." Felix said with a wink and Demetri rolled his eyes.

"So who was your latest victim?" Felix asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh." I scratched my head. "I completely forgot about that human in your lobby."

Demetri and Felix started to laugh.
"It was already time for that woman to die." Said Demetri.

"Yes, but I meant the last food you were playing with." Felix said with a winking again.

"A couple of days ago, in New York, when we went to that bar with Kol." I said with a smile.

"How did you kill him?" Demetri asked with a grin.

"In his apartment after like... " I stopped my sentence as that blonde girl walked into the room, who was previously torturing Eddie with her power. Behind her walked that charming boy Alec.

I'm sure they heard us because of the way Alec looked at us. Felix took the book back in his hand and Demetri looked at the floor.
Alec walked past us and disappeared between the bookshelves. The blonde girl stopped by us and stared at Demetri and Felix and then at me.

"I'm Jane, Alec's sister." She held out her hand.

"Nice to meet you." I said as I took her hand. She gave a small nod and walked after Alec. Felix looked up from the book and looked at Demetri.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, she's usually not that nice." Demetri said.

"Hey tell the story to the end I want to hear it." Felix said excitedly and Demetri nudged him shaking his head.

"What?"

"Not now." Demetri hissed at his friend's foolishness.

"So, then tell me who this Damon is and how you met him." Felix said and Demetri turned to look at him again.

"Why do you want to know everything?" Demetri asked.

"I want to get know our new friend." Felix said and turned to look at me.

"Do you really want to know how I met Damon?" I asked confused.

"Of course, you also mentioned in the throne room that you were married to Edward." Felix said. "Ooo yes, that's what I want to hear too." Demetri said with a laugh.