Cats In The Cradle

Jason stood on the balcony looking down the street whistling to himself, Alec walked up to him and stopped next to him looking down the street

Jason stood on the balcony looking down the street whistling to himself, Alec walked up to him and stopped next to him looking down the street. "Have you heard anything from Madilyn?" He asked glancing at Jason who stopped whistling and turned to look at the Volturi beside him.

Visibly grinning, Jason spoke. "Are you guys arguing?" He asked and Alec stared blankly at him. "No, she hasn't been heard from all night." Alec muttered and looked at the people walking down the street.

Jason didn't answer anything anymore and continued whistling. Alec frowned and looked at him. "What's that melody?" He asked and Jason turned to face him.

"Oh that's one song my mom used to sing me when I was little when she put me to sleep at night." Jason replied, twirling his necklace around his neck, Alec couldn't help but notice the small dreamcatcher hanging from the chain.

"You like dreamcatchers too?" He asked and Jason raised an eyebrow. "I had a lot of nightmares, my mother said dreamcatchers take away bad dreams, so she hung one above me and the nightmares went away." Jason explained and Alec nodded.

"Were those nightmares bad?" Alec asked and Jason chuckled. "Usually I was in the dark in them, and the only light came from afar but I never reached it, the whispers were the worst." Jason explained and Alec looked down with a nod.

"What about your family, did you have any siblings?" Alec asked and Jason turned to look back down the street.

"Yes, I had sister but she disappeared when we were little. People often told that we look the same, we could be twins." Jason spoke a little smile on his face.

"Oh I'm sorry." Alec said and Jason shook his head. "Don't be, she might be alive maybe really close who knows these days?" Jason spoke and Alec stared him thinking.

"How did you meet Madilyn?" Alec asked and Jason laughed. "You never asked her?" He laughed out loud and Alec pursed his lips.

"If you think we ever had a thing, you're wrong. We've known each other forever and we're just good friends. It's a pretty funny story how we met." Jason explained looking at Alec. "Do you believe in pirates and treasures?" He asked the Volturi guard who raised an eyebrow in bewilderment.

༺♡♡༻

"What a surprise Kol, I haven't heard from you in days." Madilyn answered her phone looking at Elijah who was lying on the bed.

"Hello Beautiful." Kol greeted and Madilyn rolled her eyes. "What do you want?" Madilyn asked, knowing that Kol wanted something.

"If the witch studies and practices a bit, is it possible to put Klaus in the coffin with the dagger?" Kol asked and Madilyn stopped in her place to listen to the surroundings.

"You want to dagger Klaus?" She asked confused and Kol hummed in response.

"Kol please don't do anything stupid, I don't want to lose you again." Madilyn begged and Kol answered. "I only asked."