Alec

"Alec?"

"Alec?"

There he is standing leaning against the wall with his arms crossed on his chest, he is wearing black pants and a black collared shirt with a V necklace on it. His gaze was on the ground but he lifted it and looked at me. "Where were you?"

It was the first time I heard his voice outside of the throne room. His voice was amazing.

"Um, I just stopped by to hunt for food."

Alec looked at me and raised an eyebrow, he looked at the bag in my hand and then straightened up and took steps towards me. I watched as he walked in front of me and stopped to look into my eyes, then his gaze went to the street I just jumped from.

"You were hunting to two hours, why did you sneak out this way?"

"I didn't sneak out." I said looking at him.

"Yes you did, I saw you earlier." He said looking me in the eyes.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked teasingly.

"No, I heard you on the way past and wondered why you sneaked out through the balcony, normally the door is used unless.."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I didn't sneak out."

"Did you go to Rome this time of the evening?" He asked looking at the bag in my hand.

"What? I don't..." I looked at the bag in my hand and read the text, of course. "Yes, I went, I wanted to buy a dream catcher and the stalls around here are not open at this time." I answered, looking up at him.

He stared at me in both eyes and tried to read my facial expressions, I did the same back and oh how I want to touch his hair that falls over his eyes. I looked at his lips that were tempting me, I looked back up and realized that Alec noticed my gaze on his lips because a grin appeared on his face.

"A dreamcatcher? What do you need it for, vampires don't sleep." He asked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"It's for decoration and this is really gorgeous and reminds me of..." I took the dreamcatcher from bag and held it in my hand. "Reminds me of a certain person." I finished my sentence. Alec's head turned and he looked at the dream catcher in my hand.

"About a person?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"One important person but it doesn't matter." I put it back in the bag and looked at Alec.

"I see, next time take me with you." He said with a grin. I blinked in confusion to see if I had heard correctly.

"Do you want to come with me to Rome to see what the stalls have to offer?" I asked with a small smile on my face.

"Of course, I haven't been there in a long time." He replied with a smile. I looked at him in wonder and he turned and was leaving. Now or never I thought.

"Why are you acting like that?"

He stopped but didn't turn to look at me. "Like how?" He answered.

"You don't even want to get to know me, this was the first time you talked to me properly and you're like that." I said annoyed.

Alec stood still for a moment and turned to look at me. He took steps closer and we stood really close to each other. His red eyes locked with my blue ones and he watched calmly. I watched as he raised his hand to my cheek and stroked it. He quietly said something in Italian and I closed my eyes. He lowered his hand and I opened my eyes, we were a couple of centimeters away from each other.

"I want to get to know you, but it's hard for me." He answered. I was about to answer him but he interrupted me. "I never thought I'd find a soulmate or someone to love, I've only had Jane. I've lived for over a thousand years and now I just found you, and you appeared out of nowhere." He said in a soft voice.

"Are you over a thousand years old?" I asked confused. He gave me smile. "Yes, is that a problem?" He asked worriedly.

"No, not really, I just didn't expect you to be that old." I said with a chuckle. And he looked at me with a smile.
We were silent for a while and looked at each other. Alec was the first to break the silence.

"Shall I take you to your room?" What a gentleman. "Yes let's go." I said and started walking towards the doors and towards the hallway.

Alec opened doors for me and walked beside me until we reached my door. I looked at the door and then at Alec, he looked at his feet.

"Do you want to come inside?" I asked him and he looked up in surprise.

"Yes, that would be nice." I opened the door and he stepped inside, looking around. I followed and put my jacket on the chair and took a dreamcatcher from the bag. I walked to the end of my bed and hung it there to hang. Alec walked up to me and looked at it.

"Now you see there it is a fine decoration." I said with a grin on my face. Alec smiled and his eyes moved to the book that was still on my bedside table. His fingers ran along the cover and he picked up the book.

"Do you know who wrote it?" I asked looking at the book. Alec read the pages of the book and then looked at me.

"I don't know, but most of the old books were written by Caius." Then he realized and spoke again. "If Caius had written this how would he know the events unless he was there himself."

I looked at Alec and he put the book back on the table. "Do you know Caius from before?" He asked confused.

I bit my lip and looked down. "I don't."

"You're lying, I see it. That explains his behavior and why he was fighting with Aro.. Does Aro know about this?"

"No he doesn't but can you please not tell him." I said looking at him with pleading eyes.

Alec sighed. " Of course, sooner or later Aro will find out and he won't be happy."

"I know it." I sat on my bed and Alec sat next to me.

"So what did you do after you burned down England?" He asked curiously.

"Nothing interesting, I went around France and came back to England and didn't really do anything else." Alec clearly sensed that something was up, but I changed the subject. "Would you like to do something with me tomorrow?" I asked with a smile and watched as he looked at me in wonder.

"Yes that would be nice, would you like to go see a movie?" He asked cautiously.

"To the movies?" I said with a smile and he scratched his head.

"Sure that would be nice." I told him with a chuckle and he looked at me with a smile. We looked at each other in silence.

"I should go but see you tomorrow?" He asked and I nodded at him. Alec got up and walked to the door and gave me one last smile before leaving.

I looked at the door for a moment with a smile and got up to change into more comfortable clothes. There was a knock at my door, and Demetri poked his head inside.

"Evening Demetri." I said walking over to my bed. Demetri just grinned as he entered the room.

"Did I just witnessed Alec leaving your room?" He said nudging my arm. I turned to look at Demetri and gave a small smile.

"Yes, we talked." I said while sitting on the bed.

"Mhhhm, I don't believe you." Demetri continued to grin.

"We bumped into... in the hallway and talked, he escorted me to my room and I asked him in to talk." I said rolling my eyes, but of course Demetri doesn't believe me.

"I can't wait to tell Felix this." And so Demetri disappeared out the door.