Standing In The Cold Rain

I was walking in the woods nearby and found a secluded road and lay down on my back

I was walking in the woods nearby and found a secluded road and lay down on my back. Dark rain clouds surrounded Mystic Falls and drops fell on my face. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the silence and the rain.

The stories tell about a switch with which vampires can turn off humanity. I've never done it, but in moments like these I've thought about it. I heard a car approaching in the distance and I opened my eyes.

"Are you ok?" A woman's voice was heard after the car door opened. I stared blankly at the sky and heard a woman putting on her jacket in the rain. The footsteps approached me and she stopped next to me. I looked at her slowly without saying anything.

"Hey, do you need help?" The woman asked and I quietly got up to stand in front of her. The woman was shorter than me so I stood taller looking down at her. I heard the woman swallow carefully and her heartbeat quickened.

"You know those moments when you're standing in the cold rain, when life feels like nothing and everything hits when it's too late and you realize he doesn't care enough about you. Love is a fool's game."

The woman looked at me and stepped away. My eyes darkened and I stared blankly ahead. "In these moments, you wish everything would go away and not feel anything, like flipping a switch." I stepped closer to the woman who was staring at me with her heart beating fast.

"But I'm never that weak." I said and grabbed the woman and turned her around slamming my teeth into her neck.

I was sitting on the hood of a car near the Mystic Falls border. I sipped whiskey from the bottle and looked ahead. I won't say that I had time to fall in love with Alec, but I really liked him and he was starting to warm to me. He feels mate bond and I don't. But everything always strikes too late. The Cullens and the Volturi will never like each other and the Cullens are a second family to me but Alec is a Volturi and he will never leave them. Not that I would never ask for it. And I'm not going to pick sides. Aro must be furious about the situation because I know he wouldn't want to let me go, especially to the Cullens.

"Madeleine, I've been looking for you." Elijah said walking over to me and I turned to look at him. "What now?" I asked, taking a shot of whiskey at the same time. "It's not every day you see a vampire drinking whiskey in the rain." Elijah said walking next to me holding an umbrella. "What do you want?" I asked again. "I guess you wanted to know that your friend Damon is in trouble." Elijah said.

                         ༺♡༻༺♡༻

"Is this what you're looking for?" I asked, holding the moonstone in my hand and entering the Salvatore's living room. Damon was imprisoned in the chair and Alaric lay dead on the floor. The wolves turned to look at me and I placed the moonstone on the table.

The first wolf ran to me and I tore his heart out and dropped it on the ground next to his body. The next two ran towards me and I thrust my hands into their chests at the same time ripping their hearts out. I looked at the female wolf who fearfully put her feet under her and disappeared. I walked closer to the last wolf that was on the ground scared.