When Love And Death Embrace

I was sitting in a pub near Forks drinking whiskey

I was sitting in a pub near Forks drinking whiskey. Carlisle has called many times but I put the phone on silent. "Did you run away?" A voice came from next to me and I looked at him with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry for everything." Paul spoke and I hugged him.

"Me too. this wasn't supposed to go like this." I spoke and Paul let go.

"We will participate in the fight if such a thing comes." Paul said looking me in the eyes and I sighed.

"This can't be happening." I said leaning on my hands.

"What are you going to do? I mean Alec is in the opposite of battlefield." Paul asked carefully and I looked ahead.

"I'm not taking sides. But something has to be done."

According to rumors, the Cullens had gathered many witnesses, what they didn't know was that the battle was coming. I sat with Kol in his motel room and we went over things. I told him about the Volturi and my mate Alec. Kol understood everything and nodded. Jason has been spying on the Cullens and the others, he told that Vladimir and Stefan arrived because they heard about the fight which was coming with Volturi. Everyone had agreed to fight if it came to that.

"Does the Volturi think you're with the Cullens?" Kol asked thoughtfully. I looked up and looked at him.

"Hardly because they know me and Alec are mates." I answered.

"I mean because if you were, they would know they wouldn't make it in a fight." Kol added and stopped walking.

"I'm sure they realize I'm not because I don't choose sides." I said and Kol nodded.

"Did you miss Alec?" Kol asked after a moment of silence.

I stared silently ahead. Of course sometimes I miss him and what we could have had. But here we see it again. The Cullens and the Volturi. On the battlefield on opposite sides. This will never end.

We were back in New York and the three of us spent Christmas like a small family. It had snowed on the ground and we went to eat and opened presents we had bought for each other. The streets of New York were spectacular at Christmas time. A smile was on my face as I watched Jason and Kol open the gifts I had given them. Kol has always been there for me since I ran away from Klaus. Everything I had to experience after that, Kol was there. And sweet Jason, that's a story for next time. I have my friends by my side and that's all I need right now. The year had passed quickly and everything had time to happen. Day by day my stomach felt horrible. Because I knew what was coming.

                        ༻༺♡♡༻༺