Why Is He Like That?

༺♡༻༺♡༻

"Aha! Damon was a love interest." Felix exclaimed aloud.

"I can't imagine you were married to Edward for so many years, like what? Fifty years?" Demetri said.

"I can't believe it either, but that's how it happened." I said as I walked towards the bookshelves. I walked by the shelf while reading the names of the books. There's a book called The Great England Fire. I stopped and stared at the name.

Demetri had walked next to me and was looking at the book. I took the book, it was really old looking with a reddish brown cover. I walked back past Alec and Jane. I saw Jane's gaze follow me, but Alec, his gaze stayed on his book. My eyes immediately fell on the name of the book he was reading. Romeo and Juliet?

Why isn't he even looking at me? Did he listen to my story and think I'm some whore? Because Alec seems old fashioned like his sister Jane. Stop thinking about him I beat myself up in my mind. Felix walked towards me and looked at the book in my hand.

"So it was you who set England on fire that year?" Felix stated out loud, nudging my shoulder.

"Felix." Demetri hissed.

"What? I only asked."

Demetri nudged him. My fingers ran along the cover of the book and I opened the first page. On the page there was an old-time writing about England that year, I flipped through the pages quickly until I saw a picture drawn with just lines of a woman in the middle of a fire. That year, many witches were hunted, the innocent were burned at the stake.

On the page it was told how a young girl was burned at the stake accused of witchcraft, The girl covered herself in the fire, but the fire spread around like magic. Along the ground towards people and houses, burning everything with it. The villagers ran away from the village but the fire followed them. At the same time, burning everything with it, that night the fire took hold and burned the Great England. Who wrote this? I thought in my mind. I came back to reality listening to Felix and Demetri arguing.

"No, that's okay. Damon keeps joking about it all the time." I said with a smile.

"I don't mind talking about it, I got my revenge and I'm happy with it."

Alec had put the book away and looked blankly at the wall.

"You heard guys, you are not the only ones who were accused of witchcraft and burned at the stake." Felix said towards the twins.

Alec's expression turned dark and he stood up looking at Felix. He took a step towards Felix and Felix took a step back. Until Alec dashed out of the room using his speed. Jane slammed the book shut and looked at Felix with a cold expression. She stood up with a book in her hand and disappeared out the door.

"Looks like someone is having a bad day." Demetri muttered himself.

I cleared my throat and they turned to look at me. "Why is he like that? I mean Aro said Alec is my mate but he hasn't said a word to me or even looked at me."

I saw how Felix and Demetri looked at each other. "What?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"Alec and Jane had a rough youth when they were human, They were also accused of witchcraft and burned at the stake. That's where their powers came from. Jane can cause pain just by looking and Alec. Alec is the worst. He can take away the senses. I've experienced it and it's horrible." Felix said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh don't even ask." He said.

"You didn't hear this from us." Demetri said pointing at me.

"What about you two? how did you end up here?" I asked.

After talking with them in the library, they were called to the throne room. I walked down the hall with a book in my hand towards my room. I opened the door and noticed a change in appearance. There was a hairbrush and a bag on the table. I looked at the bed, there were towels left there.

I walked into the room and put the book on the bedside table. My eyes were fixed on the white note on the door of the walk-in closet. I took the note in my hand and opened the door. A lot of clothes had appeared there. Wow, how fast.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was already evening. The day had gone very quickly. I took a towel from the bed and went to the bathroom. Toilet accessories and hair products had appeared there. I took off my clothes and jumped in the shower. I was washing my hair and at the same time I was wondering where I was, I miss my home and Kol. Oh no Kol. I need to let him know what happened before he comes looking for me.

And Alec... oh boy, I don't feel any kind of mate bond about him. Which is strange because the Cullens have said that when you meet the right one you will feel the pull. So what pull? I don't feel anything for Alec. He is really attractive and good looking and his brown hair...oh falls nicely on his forehead. Maybe it really is because my witch side, like im almost human, well, not really but I'm bleeding, I have blue eyes and a silent heartbeat. I should get to know him better, but it's difficult because I don't know what to say and he doesn't seem to want to take any initiative.

And then the words Edward said, he really read Alec's mind at that moment. He really thinks so, does not want a soul mate. But he's a vampire and he feels the pull. Was it a mistake to stay here? He doesn't want me. Should I just go back to New York and pretending nothing did happened?

After showering I walked out of the bathroom wrapping my hair in a towel. I put on a silky bathrobe and looked for my leather jacket. I took out my phone and texted Kol. There was a knock at my door and I turned around. Master Caius walked into my room.

"Oh hey." I said watching as he walked in and looked around the room.

"I told Heidi to get you everything you need." He said as he walked over to the bed stopped by the nightstand table and looked at the book, his fingers went along the cover and then he spoke again. This time he looked me straight in the eyes.

"How did you end up here?"

I looked at him. "I'm sorry, Alice called me and asked for help, I didn't know she was taking us here." I said looking at the book on the nightstand and then at him. He nodded, and walked towards the door.

"I told Aro to let you be in peace and adjust here, Marcus agreed with me. You can go out tomorrow, but you will take Demetri or Felix with you." He looked at me and I nodded in understanding. Then he left the room.

I took the towel off my hair and brushed my hair looking at myself in the mirror. I sighed and put the brush back on the table, walking to the window while braiding my hair. I looked out at the wonderful view. I closed the curtains and jumped on my back on the bed and took the book in my hand. Vampires don't sleep, but I like to spend my nights lying in bed with my eyes closed or reading a book. Usually I might dream about things it's like I'm sleeping.