In Joy And Sorrow

"Madilyn

"Madilyn." Kol said surprised. "Hey ass, I heard you're trapped with some hungry fangs." Madilyn grinned and Kol sighed.

"Get me out of here bloody hell, can you take the magic..."

Madilyn interrupted an excited Kol who spoke quickly. "Speaking of which, Finn is channeling your parents." She explained and Kol pursed his lips. "That son of a..."

"Yeah I know. Try not to die please."

Kol stared seriously at the girl in front of him and twisted a fake smile on his face. "Easier said than done." He snapped back and Madilyn grinned.

"Oh don't be like that, you already died once and somehow you managed to came back here." Madilyn smiled and Kol looked at her. "I'm human now and there are hungry vampires here."

"And you are a witch too. So Jason and Klaus clashed by the way." Madilyn told and Kol raised an eyebrow. "They what?" He asked quickly almost shouting, his face had a surprised look where you could see how the thoughts were racing through his mind.

"Klaus surprised us, and he was, shall we say, in a pretty good mood." Madilyn explained and Kol raised his hands to his face with a sigh. "So he's mad, what happened? Did he know now?" Kol asked and Madilyn leaned against the wall, eyeing the vampires behind.

"Klaus like and Jason challenged him. I don't know more, he told me to come here to check you." She explained and Kol nodded worriedly.

༺♡♡༻

New Orleans, a beautiful city where many vampires from many decades ago spent their time. There were a lot of parties and blood has been spilled in the city. The Mikaelsons used to live in the town until they left and Marcel took over the city. Some witches were still angry.

Madilyn walked around the corners of the city and thought in her mind. Finn's plan was to free the vampires at the evening and the parade was going on in town, but Marcel had said the situation was under control and they would be fine.

Jason had sent a message earlier that the twins had arrived and Klaus left him alone, at least for now. Madilyn stopped and listened around, a couple of blocks away there was a conversation and there were the twins. Alec and Jane. Madilyn's eyes widened in horror.

"Volturi's witch twins, we've heard a lot about you." One of them spoke and Jane stared with a furious look on her face. "You are the one who causes pain with your gaze." One of them spoke and grinned widely, looking at the other two.

"Have you ever felt the blood vessels burst inside your head?" She asked, raising her hand towards the blonde twin. Jane raised her arms around her head and lowered herself into a crouch on the ground. Alec looked at his sister and took a step ahead of the trio. "Stop that." He said.

Alec tried to speed towards the trio but one of them raised his hand, sending Alec further away. "Now now." He spoke while holding the brown haired twin in place.

"Where is she?" He asked and the other one released Jane who quickly stand up.

Jane's red eyes flashed with anger and she looked back at her brother who was furious. "Where is that girl?" One of them exclaimed and Alec raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry but I don't know who you're talking about." He answered and she raised her hand again towards Jane who grunted in pain.

"She sent us, and we need that girl."

Madilyn sped up behind the trio, thrusting her hands into the chests of two of them, ripping their hearts out. The girl stop her spell and turned in horror to look at the dark haired girl who was holding hearts in her hand and dropped them on the ground. Alec helped Jane up and they looked at the two.

Madilyn's eyes were dark, she felt the gloom rise in her body as she looked at the witch in front of her who swallowed nervously and took a step back in horror.

"Why is she looking at me?" Madilyn asked, eyeing the witch who was shaking her head. "I can't tell, but she's coming." The girl's voice quivered and Madilyn looked at the two bodies on the ground and soon raised her gaze to the witch, her fangs showed and veins under her eyes, she sped up and slammed her teeth into girls neck and the streets echoed with the scream.

"Why did you have to kill them? As if I needed to ask." Jason muttered behind Madilyn as he looked at the bodies and Madilyn laughed. "They are witches, they were in my way." Madilyn answered and Alec stepped closer to his mate.

"What is going on?" He asked and Madilyn and Jason looked at each others in worried.

"No you don't do that." Alec said looking at the two who were glaring at each other. "They're looking for you."

"They tortured me, they know who we are and that we know you." Jane stepped closer looking at her brother and then at Madilyn who was staring at the witches body on the ground.

"Who is she? Who is coming?" Alec asked and Madilyn sighed and turned around looking at the buildings. She glanced around and met Jason's worried eyes, they stared at each other for a moment before Madilyn turned back to the twins.

"I have no idea who is she." Madilyn answered and Alec raised and eyebrow. "What?" He asked and Jane stared in wondering. "Your lying Madilyn." Alec said and Madilyn looked him in the eye. "No, I don't know who is she and what she want from me." She said and Alec sighed but loosened his tensed posture.

"Look, I'm worried about you. Something's going on and you don't want to tell, but you know I'm always here for you." Alec said and glanced at his sister who nodded with a smile.

"You've been secretive since we met, but that's okay we all have secrets. I'm worried because I love you and I don't want to lose you ever again." Alec spoke and he seemed nervous which made Madilyn squint in confusion.

"I had thought of a better moment, but the recent one was a sign that it may soon be too late, so I don't want to brake anymore." Alec explained and Madilyn looked at him questioningly. "What's going on Alec?" She asked glancing at Jane who smiled little and Jason who looked just as confused.

Alec felt even more nervous and thought for a moment. "Madilyn Collins, you are my soulmate, and even though the journey has been rough, I've messed up and I know it, but you still forgave me. You're the most amazing woman I've ever met." He started and soon Madilyn's eyes widened as she watched Alec kneel in front of her taking a ring out of his pocket. "Madilyn will you marry me?" He looked at her with his now pitch black eyes who held so many emotions.

Madilyn felt Jane and Jason's eyes on her as well and she was surprised. She loved Alec, even though she hasn't shown it lately. Alec left Italy with Jane to be with her. Madilyn felt remorse for the way she has been behaving lately. All those secrets.

Alec lowered his eyes, his expression changed, he frowned at Madilyn's long silence and he began to panic is she going to say no?

Madilyn stepped forward and Alec looked up as she crouched in front of him looking him in the eye.