Chapter 48

Hera's POV (Are's Mother)

I sigh and look over at Ares to see he is mad at me for upsetting little Carmelina. He groans, "Why did you have to do that? She can marry her mate when ever she wants!"

I flinch back from my son's tone, "Lower your voice! And I just know its not her time. But since they are mate's they will be together forever..."

He sighs, "That's why you shouldn't have questioned it mother!"

Zeus goes to sit down on the couch motioning me to follow suit. I sit on his lap and look at Hercules to see he's deep in thought, "What are you thinking about Herc?" I lean back on Zeus.

Herc looks up at me with a confused expression, "Im thinking about how Carmelina's tattoos appeared on her body, and how her hair and eye color changed... its weird. Don't you think?"

Zeus immediately engages in the conversation, "I do think it is strange. But maybe it happened for a reason. There is no one of her kind, she's very special... Half god, then a three part faye with multiple abilities."

Ares sighs, "Why do you guys have to have a discussion about my daughter's change?"

Herc shakes his head at Ares, "This isn't normal. No faye or god I know has had tattoos or changes like that..."

Wait. The goddess of night, Nynx is like that... like her vampyres.

I shake my head at them, "No GOD or FAYE, but there is one goddess I know that is like that... Nynx, the goddess of night."

Hercules grins, "Your right Hera! Do you think she would be willing to give us information?"

I sigh, "She's part of the Cherokee legends. We don't know anyone who is Cherokee, if we did they could help."

Ares laughs, "I know a woman that is Cherokee... Her name is Lucy. Lucy is in Carmelina's pack so we could easily ask her for guidance."

Zeus praises his son, "Very good thinking Ares. We need to contact her soon."

Ares smiles, "We can call now. I have Jasper's cell number on speed dial, he is Calla's second in command."

We all nod as he pulls out his phone, it rings a couple times before someone picks up.

"Hello?"

Ares smiles, "Hello Jasper. Its me Ares. I was wondering if I could speak to Lucy?"

The man on the phone seems confused, "Of course, ill go get her."

Ares winks before a feminine voice speaks, "Hello Ares. I knew you were going to need to speak to me soon."

He is taken aback but speaks to the woman, "Then you must know what I need to speak to you about."

The woman laughs, "Of course I do Ares. Send a god that can teleport to me to bring me here. Bye."

The woman hangs up and Ares looks up at us with a curious look in his eyes, "She will be here soon. Send Hermes to get her."

Hephaestus nods and gets up to go see Hermes. Hmm. I wonder why he hasn't contributed to this conversation about his niece.

I look over at Ares, "What did happen to Carmelina?"

He grins, "You will have to ask her yourself."

I sigh. I will go visit her sleeping chambers later to see my young grand daughter, to apologize but to also hear her story. Carmelina is beautiful, amazing hair and eyes. But my gosh, when they blazed neon green... I was truly scared. Also with her special abilities, she could easily take down any god with those skills, but no one would tell her that just in case she DID get really angry... I just wish I knew Carmelina when she was younger.