《8》

All the guys (except Yoongi) offered a bite from their meals, which was nice. I was surprised to be included but they were very adamant that I have a taste from their dishes (Don't yall dare). By the end of dinner, all of the dishes were finished since we all shared.

When the waitress set the bill on the table, Jin grabbed it right as I reached for it. He smirked at me and opened the receipt to check out the overall cost.

"I can pay for myself! Honestly." I complained and Jin looked up at me.

"There is no need. It's not too much anyway. If it bothers you, perhaps you can buy your own ice cream after we leave?" Jin suggests and I shrug my shoulders to accept. He smiles and places his credit card into the sleeve of the notebook with the check in it.

"Yes! Ice cream after this! I'm going to be on such a sugar high tonight." cheers Jimin. The others grin at his statement and soon we head on our way out of the restaurant. Everyone steps into their assigned vehicles and, after a couple minutes, we pull into the driveway of the apartment complex.

From the front seat Jin turns and says, "We have a favorite street ice cream truck that is about a 10 minute walk from here. I hope you don't mind a bit of a stroll."

Shaking my head in response, I exit the vehicle and all the boys meet up around me.

"Ice Cream!" Taehyung joyfully states and walks towards the exit of the garage with the rest of us following.

The night air was refreshing and warm. Since it was almost the end of summer, the days have been very hot, but the nights have had a nice warm temperature. The boys joked around with each other and I conversed with Namjoon about his philosophical rant. Taehyung announced that he could see the truck and both Namjoon and I focused our attention on the truck.

The ice cream truck really wasn't far and had the name "What's the Scoop?" on the front of it. String lights were strewn all around the truck and brightened its appearance. It had very colorful designs with cute swirls, stars, hearts, dots, etc. There were painted ice cream cones and popsicles all around the window. The window was opened and showed various ice creams and prices on it. There were a few people milling around the area but no one ordering. Around the ice cream truck was a pavilion that consisted of various tables with several chairs set around, a fountain nearby, patches of grass, and trees in certain areas. I didn't see this area earlier.

Nearing the truck, I noticed an elderly man reading a paper on a stool behind the front window. Inside the truck there were really bright lights and big shelves of, what I assumed to be, ice cream.

I notice Namjoon and Yoongi stroll away towards a table. They were bringing several chairs around it. Looking back at the others, Jungkook was already conversing with the man. Jimin and Taehyung were behind him giddily bouncing on the heels of their feet. Jin and Hoseok motioned me in front of them to order, so I stepped up and read the menu over Jimin's shoulders.

When it was my turn, I decided to ask for a sugar cone with a simple scoop of vanilla, caramel drizzle, and colorful dotted sprinkles. The man was very kind and added a generous scoop. When he handed it to me, I paid and thanked him with a smile before heading over to the table that the others were at. The ice cream was very sweet and perfect to end the day with. Once Jin and Hoseok sat down, I decided to glance over at the others' options.

Jin and Namjoon shared a bowl with two scoops of Peaches and Cream and chocolate drizzle. Jimin had Chocolate with added chocolate chips and gave Yoongi a couple bites. Hoseok had Rainbow Sherbet, Taehyung had Cookies n' Cream, and Jungkook had Cookie Dough flavor. All of them had added sprinkles to them.

Everyone was quieter and enjoying the desserts since it was getting late and the ice cream couldn't just be left to melt. The sun was gone and the night sky was soothing to look at. I finally finished my ice cream and leaned back in my seat to stare at the crescent moon. Reminds me of someone's eyes when they smile.