《59》

After that event, I tried my best to ignore the stares. I subconsciously huddled into myself during Graphics Design because I knew several students kept glancing at me. It was worse when I had to exit the classroom to use the restroom since I noticed several students strolling around in the halls. It was awkward because I did my best to keep my head down and not make any eye contact.

It wasn't until lunch that I was pulled out of my comfort zone. Literally.

❀♡❀

As usual, I was trying my best to escape the crowd and exit the main entrance so I could meet up with the girls, however in the midst of the crowds my backpack was tugged back.

At that, I let out a surprised gasp as I was roughly pulled backwards by the armstraps of my bag. I turned and was surprised to see Lisa holding onto the handle. She let go once I fully turned and behind her was Jennie, Rosé, and... Jisoo looking down at the floor.

Lisa had her lips set in a grim line while Jennie was a little a ways behind her with her arms crossed and her lips pointed down. Rosé had an arm wrapped around Jisoo's frame as she gave me a disappointed look.

"We finally caught you y/n. What the hell is all this about?" Lisa's aura let out waves of confidence and dominance and I quivered at her authoritative demeanor.

"What do you mean?"

"Why the hell would Jisoo be begging on her knees for your forgiveness over a stupid misunderstanding of a video?"

"What? How am I supposed to know?"

"How cruel could you be to make her cry over a video she didn't fully understand correctly, force her to publicly humiliate herself, and still have the audacity to feign innocence."

At this point, the crowd had already formed a blockade around the center lobby. The amount of people listening was huge and many phones were already pointed our way.

"Don't look at them. Look at me. Answer my question."

"First off, she knew that audio was purposely edited to make me look bad because she edited it herself. Second off, I didn't force her to do anything. I haven't even spoken to her! Third is that I am not 'feigning' innocence! Look at my second point for evidence!"

"Y/n. After all our years of friendship, what happened to you! Jisoo would never do that! Is it because you're jealous or something! How selfish can you be, just because I'm not hanging out with you anymore! We were still friends before, but now after all this, we definitely aren't anymore."

"Jennie, this has nothing to do with you. To think that you would pick her side over mine. I swear I didn't tell her to do anything! You would throw away our friendship over such a trivial matter, which, might I add, has an obvious answer!"

I paused for a moment and took a deep breath before continuing, "You know what. You've never been a real friend to me. Sure we've had our moments, but thinking back on every time we've hung out, it was only toleration keeping us together. Not a true bond or connection. We were never friends, Jennie."

I noticed hurt flash in her eyes before they steeled.

"You're right. I guess we never were. But that doesn't justify the horrible way you've treated Jisoo. She's tried really hard to become your friend and tells me you are always distant with her. This is why you never had friends. This is why we were never friends y/n. It's because you can't get your head out of the clouds and have the decency to connect with someone. How cruel."

I winced at her words. I knew it. I always knew, but there was always the budding chance that she actually valued our friendship, even though I had difficulty connecting with people. I thought she would try to fight for our friendship, even though she was always normally the one to always start the conversation before. But that was because I tried really hard to pursue my education.