《61》

It was Yoongi.

Throughout the whole week, he had never made any contact with me. But when we passed in the halls briefly, I could see him staring at me from my peripheral view; however, when I turned to look at him, he always looked away with a disinterested look.

So least to say, him knocking at my door on a Sunday is a bit of a surprise.

He suddenly made eye contact with me through the peephole and I didn't have enough time to duck.

"I know you're there now. P- Please let me in. We need to talk." He stated without breaking contact with the peephole. I backed up and automatically unlocked the door.

Why? It was automatic! I didn't even think about it, but it was too late to shut it since I already had it part way open.

There he was with his light grey sweatshirt and black sweatpants. He had on dark grey slides with white socks. His hair was a bit tousled and his face was as stoic as ever. He didn't even make a reaction once I opened the door. Even though his expression kept calm, the fumbling of his hands told me he seemed a bit anxious at the very least.

I just stared at him as he stared back. When he didn't say anything, I made a gesture for him to say something.

Rolling his eyes he said, "May I please come in?"

Not with that attitude.

I leaned forward and smugly smiled, before shaking my head slowly, all while maintaining eye contact. I watch his eye twitch in response. He doesn't make a move to say anything else so I start to back up and reach over to close my door.

"Look I don't know what else you want me to say alright. I just really need to talk to you, but I don't want to do that right at your doorway where the others could be eavesdropping at this very moment." His earnestness causes me to stop my action and note his slumped form. I let out a sigh and open the door widely, making a gesture for him to enter. He does so slowly and cautiously, as if I had traps laid out.

I should do that huh.

Once he enters far enough, I close the door gently. Turning to him, I see him looking at the paused scene on the television. It was very prominent because I turned off all the lights, leaving my string lights to brighten the room. I cough into my hand to get his attention and he turns to me. 

I didn't care for the dark lighting, but at the angle we were stood at, the twinkling of the string lights and the lucent brightness from the television hit against Yoongi's pallid skin and defined his features in the shadowed room.

I didn't notice I was admiring his features until he spoke.

"Alright. I am not good at this, like at all." I crossed my arms and leaned against the door, waiting for him to continue. He looked so uncomfortable just watching my silent form, showing no indication that I would respond.

He sighs and continues, "I know everything I did was wrong. Judging you, being rude to you, lying about you. I just- I'm sorry alright." He finishes by crossing his arms defensively. He was vulnerable and I could tell. The act of saying sorry was hard for him, but I know he has more to say. He is capable of going on, but needs to break down that wall of his and explain how he feels.

So I just stay in my position, poker-faced.

He stares at me, waiting to see my reaction. I just stare back, unmoving. He is getting frustrated due to the furrow in his eyebrows. He also starts shifting his position from one leg to the other every couple of seconds. 

We sit in silence for about 3 minutes, yet I know his mind is screaming.

I may not know how to read people well. I may not know Yoongi that well.